Pulled Out My Johnson In Class

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Pulled Out My Johnson In Class

Postby ricochet » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:53 am

I did my annual session on Hypertension with the second year medical students in Pharmacology today. I'd been long scheduled for it, with an invitation from the Pharmacology professors to bring along my guitar as I'd played for them before (when I was practicing up to play Dark Was The Night for our pre-Easter church service and didn't want to leave it out in the cold car, and got asked to play it when everybody noticed it in the corner.) But for a variety of reasons I just haven't been playing much lately and just about bagged it. Decided to go on and give it a shot with Lonnie Mack's Oreo Cookie Blues. Lord, it was rough, and I ought to be ashamed of myself for inflicting it on them, but it's such a great, funny song that they loved it. I didn't quite understand that the thing that looked kind of like a remote control for the video projector that they stuck in my shirt pocket was actually a digital recorder, and the whole thing's going up on the University's Blackboard site. I should've practiced more!
:lol:
ricochet
Regular

Postby FunkyStickman » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:51 am

Great song, sounds like you had a blast! We'd love to see a link to it once it gets posted. ;)
FunkyStickman
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:34 am

As R.L. Burnside said, "It's bad, you know."
ricochet
Regular

Postby cas » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:48 pm

That sounds great Ric! Wish I was brave enuf to play in public.

Funky: I love your tag line. I get that error most days.

Carol
cas

Postby ricochet » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:20 pm

Hey, I've heard you, Carol. You play and sing very well!
ricochet
Regular

Postby cas » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:16 am

Thanks Ric! Wanna come play for me?

Carol
cas

Postby ricochet » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:01 pm

I'd love to Carol. Alas, I don't get to travel much these days. I've had a couple of lovely visits to San Diego in the past. Got to bring Mrs. R and the kids once, when the kids were little. Had tons of fun!
ricochet
Regular

Return to About Gigs