UPDATE!!

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

UPDATE!!

Postby 601blues » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:55 pm

I had fired my Band a couple weeks ago as I posted, and was working on a solo,show my self ,of course I still had my Loyal and faithfull all round guy ,Lil Mac, we were workin on our old stuff, and we had been successful with it in the past! Any way Lil Mac calls me last week, and He had recieved a call from Matt and Lorenda ,Johnson, a husband and wife team, Matt was the Bass player for Lil Dave,and Big Love, and Bernard Jenkins and the B cats, Lorenda was the Drummer for The B cats,and Bobby Rush, They told Mac They moved to hattiesburg,and wanted to get some gigs goin, So we all got together Last friday night, and man !!Matt can Lay down a groove!!!! a real Blues Bass, and Lorenda was just great on the drums!!So far they have Agreed to do THe April 14 and 21st gigs with me, Iam not going to get too excited, and spoil everything, Iam just going to take it one gig at a time and hope we can develope a long term relationship!!
601blues
Regular

Postby jeffl » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:20 pm

Very cool,601. It's always great workin' with real veterans.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby houserocker » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:52 pm

See 601 things do happen for a reason, the older I get the more I beleive that! Good luck!!

http://www.thehouserockers.net
houserocker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby oleman » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:37 pm

Great! How about putting something on Soundclick for us?

I'm one to talk, I'm just now figuring out how to do it.
oleman
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:39 am

oleman wrote:Great! How about putting something on Soundclick for us?

I'm one to talk, I'm just now figuring out how to do it.
You Can Check out my stuff,on various sites, just go to your search eng. And Type 601 Blues and it will take you to me, Iam hoping for My New CD to be released soon, You Know and Indie Artist has to foot da bill!! Also Iam walking on cloud nine this morning, I spoke with Melvin, I know I posted his name Matt,so Iam makin the correction, Any way Melvin and I had a great conversation last night and he said Both him and Lorenda are excited about playin with me and he is looking forward to Satnights Gig!!! WOW!!
601blues
Regular

Postby bosco » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:30 pm

That's awesome 601!

A bass player that can hold a real groove can make all of the difference.

I went to an open mic last night- all the usual suspects thrown together in different combinations. One scene in particular stuck in my mind. A guy who is a quality singer and adequate rhythym guitar player, got stuck with a crap drummer and a raw lead guitar player that was choppy and too loud. Somehow the bass player saved his butt and the song with a solid groove. After the song, I saw them smiling at each other and they crossed the stage to shake hands. Cool stuff.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejay » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:35 pm

601, congrats on finding some enthusiastic and veteran players to hook up with.

Bosco, I see that the Waterfront is going to become "home" for Streetsmart. Still looking at trying to catch your May 12 gig if I make it to my conference in East Lansing that weekend.
bluejay
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:28 pm

bosco wrote:That's awesome 601!

A bass player that can hold a real groove can make all of the difference.

I went to an open mic last night- all the usual suspects thrown together in different combinations. One scene in particular stuck in my mind. A guy who is a quality singer and adequate rhythym guitar player, got stuck with a crap drummer and a raw lead guitar player that was choppy and too loud. Somehow the bass player saved his butt and the song with a solid groove. After the song, I saw them smiling at each other and they crossed the stage to shake hands. Cool stuff.

Bosco
Yup Bosco!! When you have a groove and everything is flowin, man you can do anything!!!! and just feed off that groove,Rythym is everything!! you can play without a lead player and no one will miss it, but try playing without the rythym section!!!!!!And Blues is so Basic and simple, that is the beauty of the art form, People try to make it too complicated!! and ruin it!!! Thats why its so difficult to master!!
601blues
Regular

Postby bigdaddy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:38 pm

Yup, hooray for bass players who can play bass. I go listen to other bands around and all I ever see is bassist who hang onto one note way to long. A A A A D D D D A A A A E E D D A A A A. Give the people a break. Didn't Black Oak Arkasas sing a song about bass players, oh yeah, "Bass player to the rescue, Bass player to the rescue, go Bass player, go Bass player" Something like that anyway.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby 601blues » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:10 pm

:shock: Saturdays Show with Melvin and Lorenda!!!!FANTASTIC!! 1st set was good but we really started feeling each other,for second Set we just aired out everything, the place was full of wide eyes and open mouths!!They wouldn't let us off the stage at midnight, we did two numbers as a anchore!! Can't wait till next Saturday !!Iam on cloud 9!!
601blues
Regular

Return to About Gigs