Guitar Pro - TABS

A place to post guitar tabs separately from other discussion so it doesn’t get lost in the messages. To make it easy to search we suggest starting a new thread for each song posted and include the song name in your title. We’ll be able to make a nice archive if we keep tab here and discussion on the other forums.

Guitar Pro - TABS

Postby Mean Mojo » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:01 pm

Does anybody in this community also use the very excellent program; "Guitar Pro v.5" ...??? I have downloaded a trial copy and I will definately buy a permanent one for only about $60.00

I'm having a blast with it. It's a very easy to use editor/proscessor for guitar tablature that you can play back with and get MIDI music. You'd think the developers for that had us bluesmen in mind...!

If nobody here has yet opened a discussion about it, I will. Go get one for yourself at: http://www.guitar-pro.com/

I have already tabbed out the rhythem parts to Bill Doggett's famous "Honky Tonk Pt. I & II". ... sounds cool...!!!

I included tracks for the rhythem guitar, organ, Bass and a hand clap on the back beats, and I use it like a karioke tract to play my lead guitar against. Better than any metronome...eh...?! You can turn each tract on or off.

If any of you have the "Guitar Pro" and want a copy of my "Honky Tonk" file, I will be glad to sent one to you.

Also... you can print out your tab for hard copies.

This is great...!!!
Mean Mojo
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:46 am

It is an amazing program. Especially for free ninety nine. Thats how much mine cost.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby Mean Mojo » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:38 am

leftyguitarman wrote:It is an amazing program. Especially for free ninety nine. Thats how much mine cost.

Huh...?!

"ninety nine"...???

My "trial" version timed out after the 15 days. I will go and buy the program for about $ 60.00 at the guitar store.

The whole version has more realistic sounds ( that's good...! )

I'm going to get a lot of use out of it.

I would like to get lined up with other blues players who use it too and trade .GP3 files. I have the rhythm section to Bill Doggett's "Honky Tonk" down from memory in four tracts: Rhythm guitar, Organ, Bass and the back beat... sounds good. I use it sort of like a karioke tract to play my lead guitar against. Much better than a metronome.
Mean Mojo
Regular

Postby Axis29 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:34 am

I use it. I'll go see what blues stuff I have. Though, I've just downloaded most of it. I haven't taken the time to sit down and transcribe anything myself out of pure laziness and selfishness.

Shoot me a PM if you want and I'll give you a lis tof the songs I have.
Axis29
Regular

Postby david » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:58 pm

I have the free version of Tabledit and it is very useful--especially the ability to play the tab via midi file, slow it down, do loops of a sections, display fingerboard patterns, etc.

I have considered the Guitar Pro but I've not been willing to spend the money for something that I may not be able to figure out how to use.

Two main points at play here:
1) I have never been able to "practice" while sitting at a computer.
2) I'm so danged cheap I wouldn't give you a cold.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Mean Mojo » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:41 pm

david wrote:...I may not be able to figure out how to use.

Now...

Guitar Pro couldn't be easier.

You'd think that it was writen with the blues player in mind. It let's you bend, slide or vibrato any note a dozen different ways. Bend up, Bend and release bend slow, bend fast. Slide from below, slide from above, etc. grace notes, trills... bend a quarter note, whole note half note, a note and a half... any kind of note bend you can imagine...!!! You'd really be suprised...!

Yes, I am going to want to collect a few nice blues gp3 files. anyone can feel free to send me some at: tdelello@bellsouth.net but I won't be able to check them out until I buy my copy... soon.
Mean Mojo
Regular

Postby Catweazle » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:47 am

For anyone who hasn't found it yet, here is a whole library of GP tabs (currently over 46000) of all genres of music, including some lessons and exercises.
Catweazle
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:09 am

I got it for FREE 99. haha. As in Free. Just some stupid expression I use. I wont tell how I got it for free though.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Awwww...Righty...!!!

Postby Mean Mojo » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:58 am

I got my $60.00 copy of "Giutar Pro v. 5.2" up and running.

I have made up two blues transcriptions and I hope some of you will download them from my web site into your computer and play them with your own Guitar Pro.

The first one is just the rhythm part to Bill Doggett's "Honky Tonk" Click here to get it:

http://www.BigBlueHeron.net/G-Pro/Honky%20Tonk.gp5

And...

the next one is just some standard blues turn arounds that I copied from the pages of Ken Chipkin's good book; "Real Blues Guitar" ( credits noted ) pages 40 through 43. Click: http://www.BigBlueHeron.net/G-Pro/Turn%20arounds.gp5

I hope some of you will try these out and let me know what you think.

Mean Mojo
Mean Mojo
Regular

Postby rhapsodie » Wed May 23, 2007 3:31 am

I've been using Guitar Pro 4, PowerTab and Tabledit for some years. I have now dropped them all in favour of Guitar Pro 5. I now use it to upload all tabs and save as GP5. Much better loop functions, the Realistic Sound Engine makes playing it back much easier to work with and I use it to create backing tracks with Guitar, Piano, Bass, drums, etc that I can jam againgst as well as work up my vocals. Don't need to be near a computer as it will create a wav file for you. I both them to CD and convert for an mp3 player.

Simply a brilliant program. My singing coach uses Finale Notepad to create backing arrangements and Guitar Pro 5 beats it hands down. It does have a few niggles like an inability to easily change keys within a track and change from a bass to treble clef within a track but none of the other programs can either and at least the multi-tracks of Guitar Pro allow for a work-around.

I have a few dozen or so tabs, mainly blues if anyone wants them. Most not created by me and not in gp5 format but still a very useful starting point to work them up as full pieces. EC, Allmans, Broonzy, Blind Blake, Blind Boy Fuller, Blind Lemon, RJ, Muddy, some T-Bone, Keb Mo, Elmore, Gershwin. Drop a line to jeff.rapp@ap.att.com
rhapsodie
Regular

Postby Catweazle » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:36 am

I have GP5 too. When I got mine, as an upgrade from GP4, I also got the entire library, which, at that time, was about 45000 tabs. Unfortunately, the section that's not best represented is the blues.
Catweazle
Regular

Postby Argentina Blues » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:50 am

It doesnt say wether it is an open chord or not in the songs-
Argentina Blues
Regular

Re: Guitar Pro - TABS

Postby Cooder » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:12 pm

A quick question.

I am on dial up and have no access to high speed other than satellite which is not an option at this time. How much of a time factor would it be to download files from http://www.GPtab.net A 3 min vid off of U tube will take an hour minimum for me to see as an example. I am not sure if that comparison can even be made or is helpful to compare the two.

Anyone out there that can offer any advice? Any help would be appreciated.

Cooder
Cooder
Regular

Postby Catweazle » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:59 am

It seems that your post has laid around for ages without anyone replying.

GP files start at around 8-10K for single instruments (e.g. solo guitar) and run up to about 50-60K for a complicated tune with 8-10 instruments.
Catweazle
Regular

Postby twangin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:10 pm

I would like a copy, Thanks :D
twangin
Regular

Next

Return to Guitar Tabs