A good weekend

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

A good weekend

Postby allanlummox » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:43 am

Friday, we went back to the East Bay for the "Official" release party for "Streetwise" - which has been available since August.

The show was at the Starry Plough - one of my favorite Berkeley venues - and included performances by Pickin' Trix and the Happy Clams. The joint was packed out, with a lot of dear friends I've been missing since the move North, and a lot of new faces.

Captain Mike Hudson - another fine Slide guitarist - was conspicuous in his absence - getting things together for his Superbowl Sunday Gumbo - fest. We weren't able to attend, but stopped by the house on our way to the Airport. Skiperette Yvette sent us home with a package of their frozen Crabs. I'll be hosting a bit of a local feed with these; I can't wait to dig in.

Now that "Streetwise" has been "officially" smacked on the butt, I'd like to remind one and all that samples can be heard on CD Baby at the linky-link below, and that they can be in the post and on their way to you with a quickness.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Managed to listen to a couple, and yes, being at the top of the Food Chain's OK by me too.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:57 pm

If anyone got crabs around here now, they'd be frozen too.
ricochet
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:33 pm

Glad ya had a good time Dan!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Return to About Gigs