Stage Clothes

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Stage Clothes

Postby bluesfyre » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:39 pm

Got a thing for black. Black jeans, black t, black shirt, black boots. I just wish the rest of the band would show up in something other then bluejeans. Ain't their mothers :-)

Last edited by bluesfyre on Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluesfyre
Regular

Postby jaybee » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:41 pm

bosco wrote:whatever you wear, EMPTY YOUR POCKETS!

You mean, like this? I can tell you exactly what song this is...it's a harp intrumental that I've blown harps out on before so I always put a backup harp in my right front pocket. Note to self: use the back pocket next time!

use NO pocket, I don't put a spare guitar in my back pocket, do I?
anyway, you'll probably switch faster if you put the spare on your amp or on the floor at the mic stand, all you have to do is pick it up, and you can do that as if it's an 'act', something I don't see in trying to get a harp out of a back pocket, specially if it gets caught in some fabric... :lol:
jaybee
Regular

Postby t bone bruce » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:50 pm

As a jammer I don't want to turn up in something too outrageous, especially if the band is in t-shirts and jeans.
Usually a "loud" hawaiian shirt, or a t-shirts are my thing for jams. I have a cool pair of bikers sunglasses with yellow lenses, they're my little "gimmick" if I want to do something extra. If I was in a band it would probably be different, and I'd make some more effort. I already have the required "blues hat". Last time I got a pic taken on stage I was wearing my FDNY t-shirt.Image
t bone bruce
Regular

Clothes?

Postby bluesfyre » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:08 pm

I'll tell ya T-Bone, if you look up embouchure in the dictionary, this picture should be there. :-)
bluesfyre
Regular

Postby t bone bruce » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:43 pm

Thanks! I only started tongue blocking seriously at the start of the year.
t bone bruce
Regular

Postby todd » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:03 pm

I don't play gigs, so really have nothing much of an opinion. When I see gigs, what players are wearing rarely interests me, except for that one time in New Orleans when that girl singing was wearing that pink top, but anyway......

On the Gibson website they have quite a few lessons/tutorials, one featured Hubert Sumlin. It was very good, highly recommend checking it out. It Features David Johannsen.....but I noticed that Hubert was of course wearing a suit. Got to thinking, and I can't say I've ever seen a video or picture of him not wearing a suit.....just kinda interesting. And sometimes it looks like the same suit.
todd
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:29 pm

The old road bands had dress codes - players could get fined if they showed up at the gig without a hanky sticking out of the jacket pocket at a smart angle.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to About Gigs