New Tab Index

A place to post guitar tabs separately from other discussion so it doesn’t get lost in the messages. To make it easy to search we suggest starting a new thread for each song posted and include the song name in your title. We’ll be able to make a nice archive if we keep tab here and discussion on the other forums.

New Tab Index

Postby misterdoo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:00 am

Hi All,

Thought this might be of interest - let me know what you think...

Basically, I've got a shed of blues tab books, and a shed of CDs. Trying to find which book a song is in, or which CD has got the song on to listen to so you can make sense of the tab, is an absolute nightmare. So, I built myself an access database to cross-reference it all. Then I thought "maybe other people might find this useful", and decided to put it on my web site.

Now, at the moment, you can only select an artist, and it'll show you which tab books have tabs by that artist in; I'm still working on the cross-referencing bit (which I find the most useful, but is harder :wink: ), but feel free to have a play, and give me any comments.

If you've got a tab book, and fancy sending me the song/artist listing, I'll add it in - at the moment it's obviously my own tab collectuion, but I'd like to expand it to all blues tabs. I'll add in any internet links to tabs as well. Hopefully this could then become a really useful resource for finding that elusive tab, or a CD with the tab on it.

And do give me any comments on feature you'd like to see etc....

Cheers,

Mister Doo
w: http://www.misterdoo.co.uk
e: info@misterdoo.co.uk
m: http://myspace.com/misterdooblues
misterdoo
Regular

Postby stumblin » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:32 pm

Sounds intriguing.
Look out for any potential copyright issues - guitar tabs seem to have come in for particular scrutiny from the suits recently.
stumblin
Regular

Postby Catweazle » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:18 pm

stumblin wrote:Sounds intriguing.
Look out for any potential copyright issues - guitar tabs seem to have come in for particular scrutiny from the suits recently.

As long as he sticks to official tab books and only lists the contents and the artists, I can't see any copyright issues.
Catweazle
Regular

Postby misterdoo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:09 am

Good point - maybe I'll leave off links to internet tabs, or at least make it easy to remove them all in one go if the tab police get shirty!

I must admit, I never really understood why the music companies got so upset about tabs. People ripping off their CDs I can understand, but they don't sell tab. Surely having the tab makes you more likely to buy a CD (you can never learn a song just from the tab. Well I can't anyway...), so they're shootng themsleves in the foot.

I could understyand if sheet music companies got shirty, but then most of them don't sell that much tab anyway! :roll:

Cheers,

Mister Doo
misterdoo
Regular

Return to Guitar Tabs