Hi Y'all

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hi Y'all

Postby orlyyarlynowai » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:47 am

I am a 44 year old guitar and lap steel player. Playing music is all I do. I have played alot of different kinds of music- surf, rockabilly, Chet Atkins and Merle Travis-style fingerpicking, country, chord melody jazz. And I have been a working musician since the late 70s and have played lots of familiar favorites. I also play blues and have worked with several blues bands around Charleston, South Carolina. Though I can't really say that they were all really good blues bands. For nearly five years I played guitar with the house band in a downtown Charleston blues club. And during that time I didn't listen to much blues at all. I was studying jazz and listening to the Meat Puppets and Butthole Surfers. But over the past few months I have started listening to Skip James, Charley Patton, Son House, Willie Brown, Tommy Johnson, Blind Blake, Blind Willie McTell, and Blind Willie Johnson again along with Hawaiian music, mountain music, and pretty much anything recorded on 78s in the 20s and thirties. I am a player and play some of that stuff on a 1935 Supertone or a 20s Stromberg-Voisinet-made Oahu. I don't play a whole lot of electric blues. But I do play a bit of old school electric blues slide on a Truetone solidbody with an extender nut on it. A year or so ago I took up lap steel in C6 tuning.
orlyyarlynowai
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:24 pm

Welcome!

I like the Meat Puppets, too.
ricochet
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:38 pm

Welcome :D
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby orlyyarlynowai » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:03 pm