guitar pro 5 question

A place to post guitar tabs separately from other discussion so it doesn’t get lost in the messages. To make it easy to search we suggest starting a new thread for each song posted and include the song name in your title. We’ll be able to make a nice archive if we keep tab here and discussion on the other forums.

guitar pro 5 question

Postby podunk_phill » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:40 am

I have some sheet music that I'd like to change to tabed music using guitar pro 5 does anyone know how to scan, convert the muisc in to something that GP5 can read and change into a tabed readout? I'd rather not have to manualy enter each note into the program.
thanks
podunk_phill
Contributor
Contributor

Postby podunk_phill » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:39 am

After searching around I found a little program called sharpeye2 it scaned the music and converted it to a musicxml file which guitar pro can read. Very cool and very quick. You can go to their website and download a fully operating version that last for 30 day for free. It cost $170 retail. So for the next 30 days I will use this free version and scan all the sheetmusic I got. Oh the web site for the download is

http://store.recordare.com/sharpeye2.html.

Hope this helps some of you all as much as it's going to work for me.
podunk_phill
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluesmcgoo » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:00 pm

Thanks for the info, phill. I've got some old Larry Coryell transcriptions that are a bit too advanced for me to spend the time with converting them. This might be just the ticket!

However, I got a "page not found" error when I click on your link.
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby podunk_phill » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:42 pm

Go here http://store.recordare.com/ then hit the link at bottom of page for the sharpeye2 it will take you to the download page.
podunk_phill
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluesmcgoo » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:27 pm

Thanks Phill!
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Guitar Tabs