Recent gig photos

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Recent gig photos

Postby dcblues » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:38 pm

Here are some photos from the DC Blues Society show I played a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/novaron/page6/ (scroll down to Charles "Big Daddy" Stallings)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/novaron/page7/

I'm the harp player on the second page.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:41 pm

Great photos! It really looks like the event was well done,and everybody looked good! Thanks.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bosco » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:08 pm

Great pics, Steve. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like you didn't get the white shirt memo...LOL. :lol:

That's happened in our band before- four guys will show up in black (strickly by chance) and the fifth guy will wear white or red. Then the jokes start to fly about conspiracies and unreceived memos.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dcblues » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:15 pm

Actually, when I first started playing with them they asked me to wear black to gigs. I guess that's changed :) Black always works for me.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:30 pm

I caught Ron Thompson and the Resistors at Prairie du Chien this past weekend. That guy is frenetic,to say the least. I'm not sure that I "got" his act. I don't know if he can't remember whole tunes or not,but he seems to get half way through a tune,and then he jumps into another one. His bassist and drummer were hanging on by their teeth, which he readily acknowledged. He apparently backed Mick Fleetwood for about 7 years,and also John Lee Hooker (maybe he learned his wandering musical ways from JLH). He acts like he's severely ADD or loaded up on Crack. I didn't dislike the guy--in fact,quite the opposite; he's very likable-- but,he's way different. He's a pretty darn good boogie woogie piano player,besides being a decent guitarist.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stumblin » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:34 pm

Nice, looks like a great gig.
Far be it from me, with my notoriously excruciating taste in shirts to pass comment.
'nuff said :wink:
stumblin
Regular

Return to About Gigs