Pittsburgh Blues Festival

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Pittsburgh Blues Festival

Postby kennyp52 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:30 pm

CAN'T WAIT!!!! Friday is the start of the Pittsburgh Blues Festival. Friday night begins with Tinsley Ellis and Sonny Landreth. Saturdays lineup is Ana Popovic, David Gogo, Leon Russell, Pinetop Perkins, Hubert Sumlin, & Willie Smith. Sunday i get to see Jimbo Mathus, Lee Rocker, The YARDBIRDS, and JOHN MAYALL and the Bluesbreakers. My god, my musical roots are the Yardbirds and John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers. For anybody that don't know Sonny Landreth is probably the best living slide guitarist.
kennyp52
Regular

Postby ricochet » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:30 pm

Sonny's going to be playing free over in Kingsport next month. I want to go see him. I've never heard any of his stuff.
ricochet
Regular

Postby grady » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:54 pm

Tinsley Ellis will be here in Roanoke,Va Saturday afternoon to perform at the Henry Street Blues Festival.

Pittsburgh to Roanoke is a long freakin' drive.
grady
Regular

Postby stratman_27 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:46 am

Sounds like a killer lineup. Would have loved to seen the Yardbirds and John Mayall back in their prime. Who's playing in the Yardbirds these days or John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers anyway. I'm sure Mayall has got some good young talent around.
stratman_27
Regular

Return to About Gigs