Helluva band but Too Damn Loud

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Helluva band but Too Damn Loud

Postby lorilu » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:08 pm

Went to a club band was too loud hurt my ears. They finally turned down and we could finally enjoy the music and dance.
Last edited by lorilu on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lorilu
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:33 pm

Take your earplugs and muffs.
ricochet
Regular

Postby lorilu » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:52 pm

Gross me out, dude.
lorilu
Regular

Postby lorilu » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:12 pm

What's happening here, it's like anything decent is turned into something ugly. Good is ridiculed, decency and consideration scoffed at. Respect for others - boom, gone. Is this what you really want. Sounds like it.
lorilu
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:57 pm

Geeze, Lu, I'm not sure how Rics post could have been interpreted that way.

And, face it, Ric is pretty much the most considerate and positive person on here.

I understand that you feel a bit "got at" by the recent political attitudes some have expressed; and that you take things very much to heart. But don't turn that into a filter that you apply to every post, or you'll stop having any fun at all.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nizer » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:37 am

Oh yeah, have you ever been playing in a band when it was way too loud? You try and get everyone to turn down, then... it starts agin with the guitar player .... then the bass turns up and the drums ... until it's screaming along again and there's no dynamics left and you're not sure if it's because the amp's right next to your ear or if it's JUST TOO DAMN LOUD!!!!!!!!!!
nizer
Regular

Postby ricochet » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:38 am

Huh? I wasn't taking a shot at you, Lorilu. I agree, the too-loud band was being grossly inconsiderate of others. I was saying, take your hearing protection if you're going to play with them, because it sounds unlikely that they'll turn down. The story you posted, and then edited out, made that clear.

I don't want to go hear a band that loud. On the rare occasions I go to hear a stadium rock show and know it'll be way too loud, I do wear earplugs. It's got to be a band I REALLY want to see to put up with that. If it's somebody playing a club, I'll just stay clear.
ricochet
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:41 am

I've always got earplugs with me, just in case.

And yea, Nizer, my very first band was like that. Everything would just keep sneaking back up to nosebleed volume.

And at the time, I WAS that guitar player.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:47 am

I usually have a couple pairs of muffs out in the van. Got tired of hunting them up every time I went shooting and just left 'em in there. They're bright blue with "S&W" on the cups. That'd be a fashion statement at a concert.
ricochet
Regular

Postby lorilu » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:25 pm

Well, then I apologize Ricochet, I thought you were crossing the line because of the first stuff I wrote about in detail. I did go back to edit as I felt real gross when you said muffs as I thought you were implying me and my friends body parts as you do get that way sometimes. I was hoping this was not the case but it made me sick so I edited the posts and thought it best not to open myself up to something like this.

Allan Lummox, there is no difference, the filter is that you are who you hang with and if people are gonna be violent, rude and racist on a BLUES site of ALL places then how can I associate in good faith and confidence when I know things they say hurt me and other members who are, let's say gay or Mexican. There is so much negativity and hatred and violence in the world I don't come here for more of it. And I can't forget some of the ugly things and attitudes on one topic and go to another and pretend
those things were not said. And the good and decent don't speak up at all!
lorilu
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:20 pm

Lu, I know that I've gotten on this board in a state of intoxication and said things that were uncalled for, and even hurtful, more than once.

And yet no one seems too put out by it; if there's anyone on here that really has a problem with me, they hide it pretty well.

So I try to treat the rest with the same tolerance that they've shown me.

If someone blows off a little steam once in a while, that's no skin off my nose; and they may just be about to post something in another thread that'll make me a better guitarist. Which is the main reason I came here in the first place.

It's kind of like going to listen to music that's too loud; sometimes, you have to put in earplugs if you want to stay around and hear what the band is playing.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:33 pm

Wasn't thinking about body parts. When I say "muffs," I'm thinking of things like those guys directing jets out on the ramp wear on their ears.
:D

Now, what would you think if I said "I want a Big Muff Pie?"

It'd mean "I'd like to have a guitar distortion pedal," of course.
:P
ricochet
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:46 pm

In the interest of creating some sort of balance, here's a link to "The Picken Trix" freely expressing their political opinions;

http://www.bushyoga.com/song.htm
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:00 am

Dan, I've heard you go off before! I understand completely what you are saying but sometimes there are some standards that are there period. for a reason. When it crosses the line to hurtful I aint gonna shut up. When you went off on that one bass player, he kind of set himself up for it in a way with a little too much arrogance, conceit, and showing off all his knowledge. I felt a little bad for him but you only said a few words. He was maaaaddd, though. Poor guy. And if I thought you were outta line I would have spoke up.

Ok, Ricochet. I guess we're ok.
lorilu
Regular

Postby NEONMOONY » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:04 am

lorilu wrote:
....if people are gonna be violent, rude and racist on a BLUES site of ALL places....

Huh? Didn't see that!
NEONMOONY
Regular

Next

Return to About Gigs