I think its Good News!!

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Postby 601blues » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:51 pm

Fridays Reply to my reply!!-----------To: 601blues
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:01 am
Subject: Re: i am so sorry
GOT it and your words made me feel so much better

Your ARE a GOOD MAN MY FRIEND and we will do this project OUR way now.....it is no longer MY deal.....it is OURS !!!!!!

Either ALLIGATOR OR OUR OWN LABEL but no-one will be telling me what to do or trying to *Golly Gee* me then either !!!!!

TOGETHER YOU AND I WILL FIGURE THIS OUT !!!!!

YOU ARE THE BEST !!!!...I WAS 100% RIGHT WHEN I ASKED YOU TO JOIN UP WITH ME AND IT STILL STANDS....WE JUST HAVE A BIT MORE FOOTWORK TO DO....and I have plenty of time,but first I will get healthy and happy again.

Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:31 am

:shock: I had a very productive 2hr,phone conversation with Him yesterday, and really got the juice of the situation with Arista,Bottom Line is Arista is still open for the project however there was some issues on his part that was keeping him from signing the contract, after we talked we agreed on a way to do it and he will be meeting with arista and will run it past them I don't see why it would make a diff to them, So maybe we are a go after all, if not he wants to put plan B in action and go with alligator,so I should know by the weeks end which way we will be goin
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:59 pm

Best of luck with it! I, personally, know that whatever Alligator puts out is almost something I would purchase. As for Arista they will put out what will make a profit regardless. But they do have the money and power and it would be great if everyone was able to both have financial backing, good money and exposure AS WELL AS Artistic Freedom (most important). What else is there?
lorilu
Regular

Postby maxx england » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:29 pm

Yup, keep on kicking.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:51 am

8) I just opened this , this morning, Whatcha think??-----601...Can ya get him to sign a copy of his latest works for me???

I really allways had a special part of my HEART for TEN YEARS AFTER and anything from ALIVN would be much appreciated and be on the wall with all the other GREATS who memorablia I have.

BUT ONLY IF it's NOT a bother.....I know what it's like to have people always requesting stuff signed etc....and I NOW WISH those days were back......HOPEFULLY after we do that album for ALLIGATOR YES ALLIGATOR IS INTERESTED, I got a cal froma rep of thiers on FIRDAY.

They basically could care less about my disabilities and just want the record. The figured if ARISTA was searching me out for it then they will go on that as a reference.

Nowe start all the negotiations again, but this time I got ahold of
NORM LIEBERMANN..BB KING's manager who gave me his card when I went to see him and he said he'll have one of his accociates get into the specifics with me this coming week.
Then he'll be in touch with ALLIGATOR......I think he wants us to go to the same label as BB.
I think by the way he was talking that he gets a FINDERS FEE from that label.....GOOD that's LESS money we have to give him.

SO the ball is beginning to roll again on THE VOODOO BLUES BAND !!

Warm up those HARPS, change your strings on that NATIONAL and get ready as it does NOT seem like THESE negotiations will take more than
2-3 weeks !!!!!

I'll know more this week and will keep you up on all that is discussed.

ALL FOR ONE AND ALL FOR THE BLUES !!!!!!

Regular

Postby grady » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:17 pm

So, whatever happened with this situation ???
grady
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:45 pm

601 lays it down about halfway down the page here;

http://www.bigroadblues.com/forum/viewt ... ght=#43593
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:43 am

Thanks Allan!! Since I last posted, the jerk has sent some of my sound clips of my slide guitar material to others on the site and said it was him playin!! bottom line be careful who one send your material too!!
601blues
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:19 am

"...sent some of my sound clips of my slide guitar material to others on the site and said it was him playin!!"

That's low.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mickeypainless » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:33 am

That;s double dirty rotten low down lowwwwww!
What's he gonna do if someone hands him a git and say's "hey, play that such and such song"?!?!? Scumbag!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby grady » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:38 am

601blues wrote:Thanks Allan!! Since I last posted, the jerk has sent some of my sound clips of my slide guitar material to others on the site and said it was him playin!! bottom line be careful who one send your material too!!

One must develop a nose for Bullshit and NEVER, EVER put any faith or trust into someone who is proposing a "deal" like this cat did until you see some actual physical proof.
Emails, Phone calls,etc. offer no validity.

I never take anyone seriously until I see either a written contract or cash.
It's a good rule to live by.
It weeds out the Bullshit artists very quickly.
It also prevents one from getting their hopes up only to be disappointed.
grady
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:20 am

:? Yeah,Grady, you are a 100% correct!! however thats a flaw in me, I take people for what they say, and been takin , But on that site there are 2 other mods, that seem straight up and I asked them if this guy was on the up's, they confirmed he was, But after the Arista story, I started checkin everything, and found nothing to confirm any of his claims, Like I said after his Norm Liberman Story, I knew he was a tellin big stories, I emailed all of my findings to everyone on the site and they still think this guy is Christ of the Guitar!! I don't post there at all,but I do keep atab on what he is doin, Thats where I found the slide guitar post, that Jerk!! Then one post a guy asked about Drinkin too much, That Jerk claimed to be a CERTIFIED drug counselor?????? I emailed him and asked where he got his certification??and to stop BSin people, he has tried ta call I just drop it, the guy is a goner fer sure
601blues
Regular

Postby grady » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:54 pm

That's the biggest problem with the Internet,
People who make themselves out to be more than they are.
Whether its MySpace, a dating site or a Blues Forum,etc.

People can "invent" a new "you" for themselves and receice a lot of gratification by convincing others that they're something they're not.

I once ran afoul of a guy who claimed to be a "famous" ex-rocker who was in the R&R Hall of Fame,etc. but also insisted that his identity must be kept a "secret" for various reasons.

Turns out, the guy is a former replacement guitarist for the Punk band The Ramones.
The guy wasn't famous and really wasn't in the Hall of Fame.
He did play in the Ramones but, it was long after their novelty had worn off.

Kind of like being the drummer in the 31st reincarnation of Steppenwolf, ya know ??

btw, you know I'm really Batman, don't ya ??
Yeh, I know.
However, since the topic came up, I thought I would go ahead and come out of the closet.
It's lonely here in the Batcave, Alfred passed away some years ago and Robin and I have drifted apart ever since he admitted he was gay and professed his undying love for me.

After that, working together just became too "weird"

Now, don't you guys go about telling everyone about my secret identity because, the last thing I need is a bunch of Blue-eyed Teenage groupies cluttering up my front lawn and pissing the neighbors off.

Besides, that was eons ago and all I really want to do now is play music for a living and raise my illegitimate love child "Godzilla" who stems from a torrid love affair I had with a Korean chick during my stint in the Vietnam war.

Maybe sometime I'll tell you guys how I discovered Elvis and then built the first Space Shuttle out of recycled Beer cans.
grady
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:42 pm

Don't let anybody know I'm The Green Lantern.
ricochet
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:32 pm

grady wrote:That's the biggest problem with the Internet,
People who make themselves out to be more than they are.
Whether its MySpace, a dating site or a Blues Forum,etc.

People can "invent" a new "you" for themselves and receice a lot of gratification by convincing others that they're something they're not.

I once ran afoul of a guy who claimed to be a "famous" ex-rocker who was in the R&R Hall of Fame,etc. but also insisted that his identity must be kept a "secret" for various reasons.

Turns out, the guy is a former replacement guitarist for the Punk band The Ramones.
The guy wasn't famous and really wasn't in the Hall of Fame.
He did play in the Ramones but, it was long after their novelty had worn off.

Kind of like being the drummer in the 31st reincarnation of Steppenwolf, ya know ??

btw, you know I'm really Batman, don't ya ??
Yeh, I know.
However, since the topic came up, I thought I would go ahead and come out of the closet.
It's lonely here in the Batcave, Alfred passed away some years ago and Robin and I have drifted apart ever since he admitted he was gay and professed his undying love for me.

After that, working together just became too "weird"

Now, don't you guys go about telling everyone about my secret identity because, the last thing I need is a bunch of Blue-eyed Teenage groupies cluttering up my front lawn and pissing the neighbors off.

Besides, that was eons ago and all I really want to do now is play music for a living and raise my illegitimate love child "Godzilla" who stems from a torrid love affair I had with a Korean chick during my stint in the Vietnam war.

Maybe sometime I'll tell you guys how I discovered Elvis and then built the first Space Shuttle out of recycled Beer cans.
SADLY Grady this sounds like the same guy! But After I found him out and checked out everything he was sayin, others on the site SLamed me!!like I was the bad guy pickin on him!!!GEZZ!!!????
601blues
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to About Gigs