Gig with new drummer

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Gig with new drummer

Postby bigdaddy » Tue May 30, 2006 11:27 pm

The gig went great with the new drummer. He started some fast songs to slow but caught up. He came in with the wrong beat for the new song but we pulled it off and everyone liked it. It was a new bar for the band and the people there went nutz for us. They really did. Average age was between 35 and 55 years old so they understood what we were doing. On Bad To The Bone I jumped off the stage and 3 women came running up to me. They were dirty dancin' against me, one in front, one behind and one on my side. They were ruibbin' on me so sexy that I had to push away and get back on stage to maintain the song. As a bass player I'm pretty active. I danced, yelled and hoolered alot. At the end two ladies came up and gave me their phone numbers. I asked if they'd like come home with me but they declined. I always go home alone. In the heat of the excitement I want someone but when I wake up on Sunday I'm always glad I didn't. It's a viscous delimma. I'm going in to this bar tomorrow after practice and see about doing a monthly gig there. It was alot fun, a good night.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 31, 2006 12:21 am

Damn!!!! Sounds like a party! Why didn't the ladies go home with you? Did you dial those numbers? Well, glad the drummer worked out - I'm sure it will keep getting better and better. Good luck on getting the gig.
lorilu
Regular

Postby fat paul » Wed May 31, 2006 12:59 am

Three girls dirty dancing wit ya. Makes me proud to be a fellow bassmon
fat paul
fat paul
Regular

Postby bigdaddy » Wed May 31, 2006 5:51 pm

I don't why the ladies don't home with me. My supervisor, who is a woman, told me to pad my wallet with 1 dollar bills and a $20 on top so it looks like I'm loaded. Might give that a try. I talked with alot of ladies that night but no go. There is a gal, Nikki, about 22 who is so sexy and such a dirty dancer. She has come to a few shows, gives me a hug and kiss and dance's in front of me and drives me crazy. She splits about 20 minutes before the show ends. Tease, tease, tease. She was one of the gals on me when I jumped off the stage. Bukoo exciting.

My relationships always fail, so I'm not in the market. It's the music and excitement that makes me go crazy.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed May 31, 2006 6:08 pm

8) Something I would do, Don't look at her totaly ignor her don't even glance her way!! Then she will be waitin for you later!!
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 31, 2006 6:25 pm

I don't know if I would count on that one. She's enjoying the attention and feels safe with you. You guys... :wink: Hey- ya never know. But I like guys are around my age(!) (I prefer somewhere around my age and just to look at the younguns- older are just more interesting and experienced in all the right ways). But if someone ignores me I just figure they're not interested or are game players, but then I'm not 22. And, of course, it comes down to what you are looking for and what you want. I'm not in the same boat, I guess. Well, best of luck on your endeavors both musically and romantically!!! Let us know - it's way fun!
lorilu
Regular

Postby bigdaddy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:47 pm

At 50 years old and strapping I might add, I ain't lookin' for any one thing or type, I swear any woman will do. I know my days of young women are gone. I accept that. I don't see many women that don't strike the fancy. Ain't particular. Seems all the women close to my age that are fine, fine, fine are drivin' 40k SUV's and packin' big ol' diamond rings. They look at me but then they jump in their SUV's and lock the doors. I thought womens liked dudes in bands. Oh, oh, have I passed the "dude" age? Does a man get to old to be a dude? Oh well, life is still good and I'm happy, dude or not.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby lorilu » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:55 am

You just have to find the right one for YOU. I think the young guys are way cute and they flirt but I just see them as little boys. It's because they lack life experience and though they are nice and fine they are not that interesting. So much of what makes a man interesting and sexy to me is what he's done in his life whether it be things he's overcome or a family he's raised and the job he's held down no matter what. The things he's been through and survived. Men not boys. It is not easy to find the right person but I'm sure you can find a person for right now as someone else has mentioned. I mean, do you really want a person who's main concern is financial. I know I don't. I might be weird but when I see a guy with a lot of stuff (other than musical stuff) I can't help but wonder where he's at. I do not find a buncha material stuff attractive. For me a working man who can take care of his responsibilities and pays his bills and doesn't work TOO much knows how to relax when the time comes - that is way more interesting to me. A lot of women may not know how to handle a man who is direct and free spirited so you might have to not scare some of them or find the one that finds you irresistable. Now, if you're coming on to all of them then they know that they are not special - it's just whoever you can get at the end of the night. A woman likes to feel special. Now, don't go using valuable information for evil. Don't forget what goes around comes around.
lorilu
Regular

Return to About Gigs