BBQ Anyone?

Nothin' to do with blues? The name says it all. You might try e-mail or Personal Message, but if those don't work for you, put it here, not in the blues forums above. Thanks!

Postby 1four5 » Sun May 28, 2006 4:14 am

We BBQ'ed hot dogs and hambugies today at Alice's (our rhythm guitarist) big birthday bash out in the country. Had potato salad and beans and birthday cake and all. The cool part is that we had two drummers, a fiddle player, and another guitar player all show up (as well as the 4 of us+ spouses and friends)...we set up the PA and played all day. So with a hour break for lunch...we played from 10 am to 9 pm. I'm beat. It's the first time in a long time that my fingers are actually sore. Man what a day! 8)
1four5
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Sun May 28, 2006 5:14 am

Sounds like a mighty fine day Dean!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dcblues » Sun May 28, 2006 5:54 am

Today I spent a couple of hours eating crabs, shrimp and corn on the cob. I grilled the corn. I might grill or barbecue something on Monday.

I have one of these cookers: http://www.biggreenegg.com
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Sun May 28, 2006 7:37 am

Everyone left just a little bit ago. Except our friend Phoumalee and her 1 month old baby and her 7 year old. They're staying over. We had a lot of fun and burned some chicken for my friend, Dennis cause that's just the way he likes it. It was actually chilly outside, weird. Mickey, we had plenty of food for you and your family and your son's MUCH older girlfriend. Alas, no musicians this year but it was a good clean and sober day! I think I'll have a glass of wine. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend! Drive careful, Bubba.
lorilu
Regular

Postby grady » Sun May 28, 2006 8:01 am

2 HUGE freakin' Cookouts.

One Today and a even bigger one on Monday !!!

Everybody enjoy your weekend an if ya get hungry, come by and see me.
All BRB'ers are welcome in my Home anytime.
grady
Regular

Postby 1dustyeod » Sun May 28, 2006 10:20 am

Since 3 this morning I've been kept awake by my neighbors barking dog...... plus my back is out. Went over at 5:30 and rang their doorbell for 15 minutes while that yappin continued and they wouldn't even answer the door. Still going on now...... and I've got to go play tonight if my back holds out. I'm thinking about a snack for my rottys though.

8)
1dustyeod
Regular

Postby 1four5 » Sun May 28, 2006 8:26 pm

Here's a bunch of pictures from yesterday's birthday jam.
http://www.notworthy.org/alicebirthday.html
1four5
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sun May 28, 2006 8:31 pm

Looks like a fun time!
ricochet
Regular

Postby cas » Sun May 28, 2006 10:10 pm

Tommy...I feel for ya. Can you get to the doggie? Maybe you could just take him home with you. They probably wouldn't even care.

Carol
cas

Postby ricochet » Sun May 28, 2006 10:11 pm

Yeah, take him home and let him play with the Rotties.
ricochet
Regular

Postby grady » Tue May 30, 2006 7:27 pm

Hope everyone had a great Weekend !!!!

Tommy, Don't take it out on the Dog, take it out on the OWNER !!
There are very few "Dumb" Animals butm, there are a LOT of Dumb people who have Animals.

Looks like great time 145 !!!

Well, my Weekend was too busy and here I am off to play Tonight & Tomorrow night in Roanoke,Va.
I'll get some rest Thursday..LOL !!
grady
Regular

Postby savage » Tue May 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Was invited by a friend to a big paintball game up in Starke, Florida this weekend. It was held at Camp Blanding National Guard Training Facility. About 200-250 players. Now I hadnt played paintball for 2 or 3 years, but I had a blast. It was a 3 day game. Only slept for a few hours as the game went on through most of the night. I got to hang out with a lot of army guys who had a bunch of interesting stories. Most of them were on a 4-day vacation for Memorial day. Most of them my age, or a few years older. They're back in Iraq today.

I've always felt for the guys that do what no one else wants to do (no matter what the politics are behind it), and it was really cool to talk and have a good time with them. It hit me even harder when I left. I love those guys for what they do. I'll continue to defend them every chance I get. People talk bad about them as they're a world away doin what no one wants to take part in-- for a slew of reasons. "I don't believe in what theyr're doing" says everyone. A fool, blind to reality would say such a thing... Letting their mind speak before their heart. I don't care what your reason is. Most people in the military know whats up... moreso than most civilians. Most of them dont believe in what theyr're doing, but its the way the world has always been. War...men vs. men... children vs. children..... Never right, however, always there. And I sympathize with those that are at the tip of human destruction and violence-- a place where everyone wishes wasn't there, most pretend isnt there, and where no one wants to be. The least you can do is support them by not ridiculing their actions. This is what I feel when I look into the eyes of the guys n gals that are mocked and judged by the world. Do not judge.... do not judge...

...BTW this is just my opinion.
I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!
savage
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 31, 2006 12:39 am

Baby, I don't think there's a soul out there ridiculing what they're doing. It is sad that the dang people that create these wars don't just go fight them themselves or send their own children. Not fair. These beautiful young people lose their lives limbs and emotional well being because of the greed of many leaders in many countries or heads of giant businesses. I have found many young soldiers that know exactly what's going on and I guess we all get to the point where we don't know what to do. Do we believe what we are told in order to justify the deaths of innocent people? As in gang wars, the innocent are always victims. Why is the "enemy" or the side we don't like this year "terrorists" but when we commit the same crimes we justified and are backed by god?
lorilu
Regular

Postby savage » Wed May 31, 2006 1:22 am

lorilu wrote:Baby, I don't think there's a soul out there ridiculing what they're doing. It is sad that the dang people that create these wars don't just go fight them themselves or send their own children.......
Why is the "enemy" or the side we don't like this year "terrorists" but when we commit the same crimes we justified and are backed by god?

I havent heard anyone here sayin anythin such, but everyday I hear people bad-mouthing somethin they dont nearly understand. And it just tears me up when I think that people are dyin and all the people back home do is kick the only foothold they got right out from under them. It may be different in northern states, but I live in a very "liberal" area. Soldiers come back from the worst conditions from war to war-- vietnam, the gulf war, etc-- and there are those that dont appreciate it in the least. It has nothin to do with patriotism or politics. It is love for other people. When I see the lack of love in the world... thats when it becomes so apparent why war has always plagued us. I'm not condemning anyone, I'm just talking at what i see everyday. Thats why I sing the blues. Essentially, the world gives me the blues. I pray everyday that people learn to love. And I try to help others whenever I can. I'm no where near perfect, but I hope that people will learn one day.
savage
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 31, 2006 2:27 am

You are so right. Lack of love in the world. They say the opposite of love is fear. It is hard for many people to ever put themselves in the place of someone else or to walk in their shoes no matter where they come from. And that is what is so cool about the blues. You can't help but walk in the shoes of another cause you feel like you've been there. You, of the soul so deep.
lorilu
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Way off Topic