BBQ Anyone?

Nothin' to do with blues? The name says it all. You might try e-mail or Personal Message, but if those don't work for you, put it here, not in the blues forums above. Thanks!

BBQ Anyone?

Postby lorilu » Sat May 27, 2006 3:24 pm

Anyone bbqing this weekend? I'm having some friends over and have marinated a bunch of chicken in that basque marinade, made a huge bowl of my famous potato salad (olives, pickles, eggs, red onion, mayo, mustard), a big pot of chili beans, chips and salsa, veggies and dip, bottled water (recovering alchoholics), carrot cake, apple pie, rolls and that's about it! It's gonna be a beautiful day over this way. Old friends and some new ones. And there's still water in the creek! What is everyone doing this lovely weekend?
lorilu
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat May 27, 2006 3:30 pm

I won't be BBQing. Don't have a grill at the moment.
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sat May 27, 2006 3:37 pm

I'm working at our car store's annual Tent Sale today; we're grilling Wild Rice brats for the sales staff,and serving fruit salad,potato salad,chips,and Coke products. I gotta work on Memorial Day too. BTW,LoriLu,thanks for remindin' me to buy more beer tonite; there are no beer sales in Minnesota on Sunday,except 3.2% at the grocery stores after noon.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sat May 27, 2006 4:06 pm

Yeah, I'm currently beerless as well. There is this Mason jar on my left, though...
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sat May 27, 2006 4:25 pm

ricochet wrote:Yeah, I'm currently beerless as well. There is this Mason jar on my left, though...
I didn't say I was "beerless"; I said I gotta go get some more. Beer,to me,is like toilet paper. Ya' never wanna run out,and you can't buy too much,'cuz yer gonna use it sooner or later.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sat May 27, 2006 6:16 pm

It's one of those things I like to have now and then, but don't really miss too much if it's not around. And this Mason jar's been sitting here for a month and I haven't gotten into it yet, for that matter.

I guess BBQ falls into the same category, since the grill petered out and got tossed to the curb last year and I haven't yet replaced it, but I do like to eat the stuff!
ricochet
Regular

Postby guitarslim101 » Sat May 27, 2006 6:46 pm

It's too hot to BBQ up here this weekend. I may just have to settle for a box of Hormel chili with some fried SPAM in it.
guitarslim101
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat May 27, 2006 7:47 pm

Actually, I just got a couple of corn dogs out of a box in the fridge and microwaved 'em. Tasty!
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sat May 27, 2006 7:51 pm

Ain't it great to have all these healthy choices...?
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby songdog » Sat May 27, 2006 10:29 pm

I rode my mountain bike all mornin - only crashed once :oops: but spent way too many hours in the saddle for this old man so I'm beat. Too tired to fire up the grill so we may just do the happy hour thing... chips, cheese, veggies and a cold one.

Hey y'all, have a happy and safe weekend.
songdog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 1armbandit » Sat May 27, 2006 11:39 pm

Spent yesterday at the NHRA Summer Nationals so today is catchup on yard work day.

Me and Mrs. Bandit

Baby Girl and friends

Grilled burgers for lunch and grilled chicken for supper.

Had to stop about 5:00 and have a homemade banana split. I can feel my waistline expanding right now.
Last edited by 1armbandit on Sun May 28, 2006 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1armbandit
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sun May 28, 2006 12:13 am

Just got done planting a bunch of irises. Went across the road to throw some rocks down the hill. Noticed some gorgeous blue wildflowers growing in the tall grass in the field. When I threw the rocks, what I first thought was a bluebird came up out of the flowers. It was a deeper blue than a bluebird, a brilliant "electric blue," somewhat iridescent. I think it was an indigo bunting.

Nice looking family, Bandit!
ricochet
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Sun May 28, 2006 1:12 am

Well since I didn't see that LL was BBQ'n till too late fer me to drive up.....
Actually the Navy son and his MUCH older GF are coming to dinner! Gonna grill med. spice Italian sausages, cut up a cantaloupe and feast upon Jean's moms version of macaroni salad!
Then hopefully I'll get alittle jam time w/ #1 son and if they're not goin out on da town we may watch a movie or sumthin! All in all, good fun and limited effort! :D
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rustyslide » Sun May 28, 2006 2:42 am

No BBQ for me, alas (I don't have a balcony on my apartment, alas. The next one will, though). Went to a big sale at a local music store, played some nice guitars and amps; managed to not put a dent in my credit card, amazingly.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby trguitar » Sun May 28, 2006 3:22 am

jeffl wrote:I'm working at our car store's annual Tent Sale today; we're grilling Wild Rice brats for the sales staff,and serving fruit salad,potato salad,chips,and Coke products. I gotta work on Memorial Day too. BTW,LoriLu,thanks for remindin' me to buy more beer tonite; there are no beer sales in Minnesota on Sunday,except 3.2% at the grocery stores after noon.

Up here in Northern New York on the Canadian border I can buy Molson XXX 7.3% alcohol right at the grocery store. I just have to wait til noon. I BBQ'd tonight, even though I'm working. Kids drug me out of bed, I fired up the grill and made hot sausages, polish sausages and saurkraut. Threw some chips at them and my wife made strawberry shortcake. Then I came to work where I am right now. Shhhh ... don't tell. I have Sunday and Monday off though and plan to burn some more food on the grill. Supposed to be nice here, gonna see 80 degrees!
trguitar
Regular

Next

Return to Way off Topic