I Think I Love You

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

I Think I Love You

Postby jeffl » Fri May 26, 2006 8:07 pm

Wednesday nite I was playin' at an open mic that I've been hitting the last few months. The host guitar player fronts another band that I've sat in with a coupla times. I'm really gettin' to respect this guy as a musician and bandleader,and he's just a great guy. So the other nite,at about 1:30 AM,after playin' a little during 3 different sets,and sluggin' beers between tunes,as I'm leavin' stage for the last time, I put my arm around his neck,and in a whisper I say,"Thanks tons for bein' so great to play with; you're awesome. I'm really gettin' to love you." As I'm drivin' the 30 miles home,I'm thinkin',"My gosh...I wonder what he thought of that.!" I really don't know the guy that well,and he doesn't know that I'm married and not gay (he met my wife once,but prob'ly doesn't remember it.) We'll see how far he stands from me the next time I play with him,lol!
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Fri May 26, 2006 8:34 pm

Yeah, baby, that's what I'm talkin about! HIlarious!!!!! Actually, I always tell people I love them. Cause I do! One thing I've noticed lately, though, is couples that go to the bars and will get friendly with me and then I think they're trying to take me home with them. Uh, not. Not my thang. People just don't seem to have enough to do anymore - always looking for something new. I do not ever want to be like that. If one man that I love is not enough for me then I would rather avoid the whole thing. What's wrong with people nowadays. Not you, Bubba.
lorilu
Regular

Postby grady » Fri May 26, 2006 8:39 pm

I love Everybody !!!!!!

Gonna Boogie !!!
Gotta Boogie !!!
grady
Regular

Postby jeffl » Fri May 26, 2006 9:03 pm

lorilu wrote:Yeah, baby, that's what I'm talkin about! HIlarious!!!!! Actually, I always tell people I love them. Cause I do! One thing I've noticed lately, though, is couples that go to the bars and will get friendly with me and then I think they're trying to take me home with them. Uh, not. Not my thang. People just don't seem to have enough to do anymore - always looking for something new. I do not ever want to be like that. If one man that I love is not enough for me then I would rather avoid the whole thing. What's wrong with people nowadays. Not you, Bubba.
My daughter from my first marriage was basically raised by my ex-wife; unknown to me,from the time my daughter was 5,until she was about 12,my ex-wife shared a bed with her boyfriend and another woman; that makes 3 in the bed. That really screwed with my daughter's head. I can only guess what else went on in that house.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Fri May 26, 2006 10:35 pm

People get too caught up in scratching their itch is how I call it. It's like their main goal in life is to run after anything that can satisfy any little desire that might occur to them. I don't know. It seems like they would have to spend a lot of time justifying to THEMSELVES that all this is ok. I know that when I was a lot more self indulgent I neglected what was right. And I knew in my mind what that was. The more you ignore the little voice inside you the less you can hear it until you don't even know who you are anymore. And how can you really look anyone in the eye and stand tall and proud knowing you walk a good path. That is worth everything to me. Whoa - I better get offa my soapbox!
lorilu
Regular

Postby jeffl » Fri May 26, 2006 10:53 pm

Drugs and alcohol in the home can be a big contributing factor to crazy crap goin' on. There are some people who drink and/or get stoned every day at home,and if you have either a partner,or kids,or both,you can really drift away from a decent lifestyle. If there's any other weird pressures comin' to bear,like financial or job stress,etc., things can get outa control. I'm a believer in people bein' free to make their own choices about what they do in their homes,but when it influences children in the home,I think you should be careful what you subject kids to: keep any fights outa their hearing,don't get drunk or high in front of them,and no abusive language.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rustyslide » Sat May 27, 2006 12:32 am

jeffl wrote:my ex-wife shared a bed with her boyfriend and another woman; that makes 3 in the bed. That really screwed with my daughter's head.

Why would that screw with her head?
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby mickeypainless » Sat May 27, 2006 1:11 am

>>>>Why would that screw with her head?

No offense Rusty but that seems a pretty stupid question!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Sat May 27, 2006 11:47 am

rustyslide wrote:
jeffl wrote:my ex-wife shared a bed with her boyfriend and another woman; that makes 3 in the bed. That really screwed with my daughter's head.

Why would that screw with her head?
It wasn't jus' the bed thing...it was part of the whole context of what was goin' on in the house,apparently. For example,for awhile, she thought that she now had two moms.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stumblin » Sat May 27, 2006 11:58 am

Bubba, next time you see the guy, wink at him seductively.
It could be the start of a beautiful friendship ;)
stumblin
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sat May 27, 2006 1:32 pm

stumblin wrote:Bubba, next time you see the guy, wink at him seductively.
It could be the start of a beautiful friendship ;)
Yeah Andy,it is an opportunity to jack with his mind a little,but since I don't go both ways,I'd wanna be careful with that since I don't know how he leans (except for the fact that his wife is his normal bass player). As an aside,though, it is interesting to play with guys who love the blues,but don't normally play blues. Alotta these rock players that I've been playin' with jus' seem to love to play the blues,and they all seem to know a few of the classics,like "Messin' With the Kid" and "Red House",etc.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Sat May 27, 2006 2:38 pm

Not to judge(??!!!), I did think maybe I was being too judgemental of "open" relationships. There just comes a point when you grow up and it's not about you anymore. It's about providing an environment for your kid or kids that is relatively trauma free. Something safe and comfortable that they can just grow up and focus on school and who they are going to be in the world without having to worry or stress about what the heck is going on with the adults in their life. I don't know what it is like to be gay and I think that would be difficult with children probably depending on the people and relationships they have with each other. I believe if you are homosexual you are homosexual and there is just nothing you can do about that. Nowadays, people are able to find out early on and live their lives accordingly but there was a long time where they had to get married and live lives that painfully conflicted with their true feelings. We are lucky to live in a little bit more open minded world that is learning to accept other lifestyles. It would be like being a musician was considered wrong and bad and evil and you had to go hide out to play. That would suck. You is what you is. I go by trying not to hurt anyone, myself included and being true to myself without it taking a toll on anyone else.
lorilu
Regular

Postby gcd revue » Wed May 31, 2006 7:25 am

"It would be like being a musician was considered wrong and bad and evil and you had to go hide out to play. That would suck." -- it DOES suck!! Pop is a Southern Baptist preacher...he really did believe that way. The whole "alternative lifestyle" concept is pretty foreign to me...but so is life in, say, Ukraine. Either way, I'm not likely to find out...I like where I live. Sin lies in hurting others unnecessarily.

Semper Fi,
J.D.
gcd revue
Regular

Postby gcd revue » Wed May 31, 2006 7:28 am

And back on topic...clownin' with the people you share a stage with is part of the show...make 'em dance, make 'em laugh, and you've GOT 'em.

Semper Fi,
J.D.
gcd revue
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 31, 2006 1:54 pm

Back on topic? What do you mean?
lorilu
Regular

Next

Return to About Gigs