Frankie and Albert

A place to post guitar tabs separately from other discussion so it doesn’t get lost in the messages. To make it easy to search we suggest starting a new thread for each song posted and include the song name in your title. We’ll be able to make a nice archive if we keep tab here and discussion on the other forums.

Frankie and Albert

Postby Mississippi John » Fri May 26, 2006 4:53 pm

Hi there:

I'm having trouble figuring out Taj Mahal's version of "Frankie and Albert" from his 1971(?) "Ooh so Good'n Blues" album. While my attempts have only been half-hearted (I have 2 & 4 yr sons that keep me way too busy!!), I've not had much luck.

I can get the chords no trouble in standard tuning, but suspect that the proper method is in an open tuning, an easier slide up and down the fretboard (finger slide, not with glass or metal). Unfortunately, I'm not so good at figuring outside standard tuning.

any help would be much appreciated!
Mississippi John
Regular

Postby stumblin » Fri May 26, 2006 7:08 pm

Mississippi John Hurt's version was played in an Open-G tuning, if that's any help to you. It's not massively hard to do, but I still don't think my take on it is quite ready for public consumption.
stumblin
Regular

Return to Guitar Tabs