CD Update

A place for the owners and managers of Big Road Blues to make general announcements to the members.

RE: CD Update

Postby blinds » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:18 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-03 AT 02:19 PM (EST)]Hey I'll still be round on the 2nd 1 to make every1 look good.

blinds :)
blinds
Regular

Postby bluesmouse » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:22 pm

Sorry to hear that Blinds but I hope you do something for the next one, wouldn't be the same without you.
Does that mean Hashtaff is still sending something in or not?
bluesmouse
Regular

Postby bluesmouse » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:07 pm

Okay, time for an update on the BRB CD...
Just waiting on about eight people now, I've sent out reminders to them so not long now I hope.

For any newbies who don't know about this- we're making a CD compilation of songs recorded by BRB members. If you want to send in a recording of yourself for the CD then e-mail me or Stumblin for more details. Once the CD is completed we are going to distribute it to interested BRB members somehow.
bluesmouse
Regular

Postby stumblin » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:51 am

"who can I send my cd list to so they may tell me whether my collection consists of real blues or not?"
Hey SRVL,
Never mind that, what about posting your BRB CD contribution to Mr. Mouse? By my (revised) reckoning, we're pretty damn close to a disc-full.
Sorry if that sounds a bit abrupt, by the way, it's just that Mousey mentioned it to me t'other day. I'm really looking forward to getting them sent out to all concerned. It's been a very enjoyable project so far, and the album is really taking shape now, but it also seems to be taking a long time, and a sizeable chunk of my hard-drive is dedicated to it. It'll be good to have a hard copy on my shelf, I guess quite a few of us are thinking like that too.
Rusty,
How's the artwork progressing?
stumblin
Regular

Postby david » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:51 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-03 AT 07:51 AM (EST)]I really appreciate the work you folks are putting into making this happen. I can't wait to give it a listen.

All you folks who haven't sent anything in are sure going to be jealous. Who would have thought that I could be an internationally known slide player!?

(Does this mean I have used up my promised 15 minutes of fame and its all down hill from here? I know, on the next one I'll send in a picture with my belly button showing. It seems to work...)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluesmouse » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:05 pm

I think Rusty's got it all set up on a site now, we've just gotta e-mail him all the CD notes when it's done.
At the moment I'm waiting to hear from Lonedawg, Hashtaff, G.D. Revue and Jellyroll Baker and then we can call this a wrap.
D.C. Blues is sending something in, as is Diamond, and Purplehaze.
Boz- I believe you're sending something in too? -cool.

We're getting there!
bluesmouse
Regular

Postby blinds » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:08 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-03 AT 08:29 AM (EST)]I'm already jelous I think hehe but I sure am looking forward to a listen and hopfully if a 2nd 1 gets off the ground I'll be on it come hell or high water I might be able to play by then

GREEN blinds :D
blinds
Regular

Postby ricochet » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:44 pm

>(Does this mean I have used up my promised 15 minutes of
>fame and its all down hill from here? I know, on the next
>one I'll send in a picture with my belly button showing. It
>seems to work...)

I'm thinking belly button showing, and tight red leather pants.
ricochet
Regular

Postby david » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:02 pm

>
>I'm thinking belly button showing, and tight red leather
>pants.

Ricochet, can I borrow your wig? This might be the beginning of something big. I'm 6'1" and weigh 155 lbs. soaking wet. I think I'd look good in tight red leather pants.

But should I shave the hair around my belly button or leave it?

;;;;;;;;;;;
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stumblin » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:23 pm

"But should I shave the hair around my belly button or leave it?"

Maybe you could plait it into braids, perhaps weaving some tinsel into it? I think it would be a look that says "class"...
stumblin
Regular

Postby badfinger » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:44 pm

"it would be a look that says "class"..."

Tut-tut! Spelling, Andrew...Spelling! Crass.

bf
badfinger
Regular

Postby dcblues » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:36 pm

My cd has started its trans-atlantic trip.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bosco » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:12 pm

OK, time to turn up some public heat on the procrastinators- besides, it's my birthday and I can do whatever I want. :-P

>At the moment I'm waiting to hear from Lonedawg, Hashtaff, G.D. Revue and Jellyroll Baker and then we can call this a wrap.<

Hash and Jell's- What in sam heck are you boys doing down there? Everyone knows there is absolutely nothing to do in the southern hemispere but practice drinking and playing blues. I hate to say it, but the Oz contingency isn't making a strong showing here.

Lonedawg- All of your gear was ripped off so you get a reprieve. If you can't make this outing, maybe VOL II.

G.C Revue- Motorcycle season is over, get off the bike and on the mic.

According to Mousey's earliest correspondence, dated May 23rd, it has been a FULL FOUR MONTHS since the inception of this project. That should put it in perspective for the taildraggers. That is all.

Bosco

"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it."
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluesmouse » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:07 pm

You tell 'em Bosco!
It's gonna be great to get this CD finished and mailed out, you're all going to love it.
bluesmouse
Regular

Postby stumblin » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:56 pm

Way to go Bosco, you da man!
Happy birthday by the way :)
stumblin
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements