Mp3 going...

A place for the owners and managers of Big Road Blues to make general announcements to the members.

Mp3 going...

Postby houndog » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:21 pm

Interesting,
the recent move from MP3 was to squeeze non-payers like me to 3 songs only per site, unless I paid for membership .I wonder what Cnet will do ?

adios,
Lovat

>>>CNET Networks, Inc announced today that it has acquired certain assets of MP3.com, Inc.
Please be advised that on Tuesday, December 2, 2003 at 12:00 PM PST the MP3.com website will no longer be accessible in its current form.

Following a transition period, CNET Networks, Inc. plans to introduce new and enhanced artist services. If you would like to receive email updates on these new services and notification when they are available, as well as an invitation to their special artists-only preview, please sign up here.

Your personal information, music, images, related content or other information will not be transferred to CNET Networks, Inc. or any other third party.

MP3.com's content administration tools will remain available until the site is redirected on December 2, 2003. Please note, however, that promptly following the removal of the MP3.com website, all content will be deleted from our servers and all previously submitted tapes, CD-ROMs and other media in our possession will be destroyed. We recommend that you make alternative content hosting arrangements as soon as practicable.

Please remember to update or remove all links and references to the URL http://www.mp3.com. Additionally if you would like a historical record of your page, we recommend that you capture screen shots of the page as well as your artist statistics pages since they will no longer be available once the site goes offline.<<<
houndog
Regular

RE: Mp3 going...

Postby stumblin » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:56 pm

Hi Lovat,
Have you tried looking at http://www.soundclick.com ?
That's one of the places where me & Mousey have our mp3s hosted, they allow you quite a good amount of storage space, and their streaming is really very good. You might want to post a few songs there.
Another advantage it has is that you don't have to be a member to listen to streamed media, which is my biggest problem with your tunes on mp3.com, as they won't send me the code to register.
Oh, crucially, it's free, gratuit, pay nowt!
See what you think.
stumblin
Regular

Return to Announcements