BRB C.D. has arrived!

A place for the owners and managers of Big Road Blues to make general announcements to the members.

RE: BRB C.D. has arrived!

Postby watertore » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:35 am

Thanks to Boz for a copy! I am playing it as I type. There is a lot of cool stuff, and interesting recording techniques. A lot of the solo, old time stuff, sounds like it was recorded way back, and being played on what you call a record playerfor all you young uns! It is great to hear you all, verse typed music! Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dcblues » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:46 pm

I got mine last night. I haven't listened to all of it yet, but there's a lot of good stuff on it, from musicians of all levels. In that respect, it kind of reminds of the the Archie Edwards Blues Heritage Foundation cd. We have seasoned pros joined by people recording for the first time on that one. See http://www.acousticblues.com for more about that cd.

I got some nice emails from people here about my track on the BRB cd ("Spreadin' Snake Blues" from The Resonators cd). I haven't had a chance to email everyone back who's written, but I appreciate the nice comments.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chick french » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:03 pm

Tks Boz for the CD. I've just had a chance to listen. Very interesting, I have enjoyed it all.

cf
chick french
Regular

Postby j bird » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:31 am

You guys rock! Just got my copy - Thanks Carol! Only had a few listens but it's very cool on many levels....Maybe I'll make it on the next one?
j bird
Regular

Postby lamebob » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:42 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-03 AT 10:11 PM (EST)]Oh Carol ...

Received my CD today and boy-0-boy what a treat! It is soooo kewl to hear so many of the names here performing! It really adds another positive dimension to this group.

Thank you Carol for taking the time and effort to ship a copy to one of your Northern neighbours ...

peace

LameBob
lamebob
Regular

Postby cas » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:42 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-03 AT 00:43 AM (EST)]Hey Lamebob & JBird...it is cool, isn't it? I'm glad you got it, Lamebob--only took a week from southern California to British Columbia...not bad I guess.

Carol
cas

Postby badfinger » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:41 am

Hey, Jeffl, Deltapunk & 'Mouse (and anyone else I didn't notice, cos it's a bloody long thread to pick around and through...)

I like that track as well - whether it's called "blues", "punk", "delta-wing" or "Number 43, with Fried Rice" doesn't particularly interest me - it grabbed something in the wetware...

Meanwhile, I'm fluttering around putting the odd name and title to tracks, etc.; it's still a case of "Not the last one, but the next to the next to the last one, before the..." I really must get it organised.

bf
badfinger
Regular

Postby bluesmouse » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:01 am

Glad you like it BF, yep there sure are a lot of tracks to get to grips with on there.
bluesmouse
Regular

Postby purplehaze » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:23 am

Finally my copy has arrived. Thanks.
purplehaze
Regular

Postby david » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:13 am

Purple Haze, If I'd known you hadn't received one yet, I'd have mailed you one from Kentucky.

The mail must be really slow in your parts!

You are in for a treat.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby purplehaze » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:01 pm

Don't you dare to doubt about " my parts' " capabilities!!

:D
purplehaze
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:44 am

PH, I don't think he meant to say you were slow in your male parts.
;)
ricochet
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:38 am

d'oh! I forgot to arrange to get myself a copy... anyone in the north east feel like posting one up?

*smack* I'm a dork.

ramble ramble ramble
I got ramblin' on my mind.

[a href="http://www.geocities.com/hocmaximesugit/" title="my portfolio" target="_BLANK" style="text-decoration:none"]hoc maxime sugit[/a]
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby david » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:57 pm

There ought to be someone closer than Kentucky, but if you don't hear from someone pretty quick just let me know.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby purplehaze » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:58 pm

I'm at the North-East (of Spain hehehe) but if you can't find anyone nearer, I'll send you the copy.
purplehaze
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements