BRB C.D. has arrived!

A place for the owners and managers of Big Road Blues to make general announcements to the members.

RE: BRB C.D. has arrived!

Postby jeffl » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:34 am

Boz & House- I got both of yer CDs in the mail t'day. Thanks tons. Charlie, yours works- I haven't tried Boz's yet. . gotta pour another glass of that premium Minnesota Vodka, "Shakers" ( anybody try that stuff yet? ). I love the CD. Prob'ly the finest combination of ground level gut stuff and slick blues anywhere, except , PurpleHaze- - you ain't right--just not right. Anyway, once I try the other CD, I'll have one to forward to anyone who hasn't got one yet. Anybody ever hear of "The Lamont Cranston Band"? Maybe BBQBob has run across this cat- Pat Hayes- very, very good harp player, with an a-social attitude. Gonna catch him t'nite, if my wife is up.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby srvlives » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:23 am

The Aussies are okay for CDs now I think.

Mine hasn't arrived yet. Thje postman's starting to wonder
about the strange looks I'm giving him. Any day now...

Sorry Jells, posted middle of last week, there's a nice little surprise in there too! :D

'I'd be glad to beat you if given the opportunity' Bluedawg
srvlives
Regular

Postby jellyroll baker » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:29 am

Thanks SRVLives. Can't wait to hear all you guys.
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby allanlummox » Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:15 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-03 AT 11:19 PM (EST)]Got it!

Sounds good. A lot of diversity, considering that it's all Blues, and mostly slide guitars.

Reminds me of listening to some of the Yazoo compilations I had on vinyl.

Thanks tons for sending it out, Boz, and thanks Stumblin' and B-Mouse for, well, doing it.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby deltapunk » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:55 am

hey don't forget me here in NYC, I haven't recieved a copy, and I will gladly make copies to send out.
cheers
deltapunk
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:40 pm

Hey DeltaPunk: use the message board here to send me your address, or, e-mail your address to me at jlansdowne@adamsonmotors.com I'll get you a copy if nobody else has volunteered one yet. My name's Jeff Lansdowne.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby deltapunk » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:07 pm

thanks jeff, someone is sending me one, can't wait to hear it, I'm sure there's some great playing on it.
deltapunk
Regular

Postby boz » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:24 pm

Yo Jose,
Ah!! Mr. McDowell my favorite!
(When sh t happens
that makes ya curse
Just hang on buddy
It could be worse)
Hey! Just posted your CD this morning. Ya outta have by the end of the week.
Cool...
boz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jellyroll baker » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:25 am

Listening to it now (thanks Shane!). It's great stuff - I'm proud to be associated with you guys.
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:49 pm

Well, the copy I have plays on a CD player but I'm having trouble copying and burning it. I can make an image file from it with Disk Copy, but then my Mac won't recognize and mount the image file it just made, showing a -58 error. I'll work on it some more this evening, but I may need to get another copy of the CD to be able to pass it along.
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:56 pm

DeltaPunk, you dawg- I took a 100-mile drive on the Big Muddy today to visit a buddy's bar, and I'm listenen' to your take, playin' my harp, and when it's all over, I reach into my Cassette box and pull out London Calling , and Sand in the Vaseline, and after the BRB CD, it wuz' like, "this all goes together". I'm sure there's traditional blues players on this forum who puke at the sound of some of this type of music, but in some ways, the minimalistic presentation of sounds & ideas shared between traditional blues and "punk" or "pointed seminal rock" ( my attempt at taggin'it ) ain't no further down the block than the refurbished Victorian 3-story, and the 2-story with the nice African veneers on the entertainment center doors. Am I startin' to get it, or not---- If not, please steer me. And where can I get some more of your music. ( Oh yeah, my new co. car came with a CD player and a cassette player, so I got to get out my old stuff. Yer on.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby deltapunk » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:24 am

Just got my copy(thanks Boz) and I am totally blown away, there is some great blues on here. everybody did a great job, totally amazing!
everyone should be really proud.
Jeffl, like I always said, "Blues is the blackman's punk, and punk is the whiteman's blues", "it's an attitude, not a fashion statement".
punk,like blues, may not be everyone's cup of tea, but as long as it comes from the heart, it will always be honest. and honesty is the best ingredient to have in your music, just ask john lennon,johnny cash or johnny rotten.
you got it, you see it man, you can stand at the crossroads and still hear london calling.
deltapunk
Regular

Postby bluesmouse » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:54 pm

Jeffl and Deltapunk- I agree with everything you guys just said. I hear a lot of the influence blues has had on punk in so many early blues recordings. I love the track that you recorded Deltapunk- it's such a cool idea, I'd like to hear how you tackle other punk tunes if ever you get the urge.
bluesmouse
Regular

Postby bluesmcgoo » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:13 pm

Yeah, I thought that was a very cool track.
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby deltapunk » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:32 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys, everytime I listen to the cd, I'm amazed at all the great playing on it, it was really a great Idea.
there are some very talented people on this forum.
I'm always working on some crazy idea,I like to mix things up.
recently I did a reggae version of Breaking the Law(Judas Preist).
I have a couple of ideas for punk and some early 80's new wave songs,to cover as blues, but just have to find the right feel for the right song. I'll keep ya guys posted.
cheers
deltapunk
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements