The CD covers (final version)

A place for the owners and managers of Big Road Blues to make general announcements to the members.

RE: The CD covers (final version)

Postby bluesmouse » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:46 pm

Nobody ever congratulates me when I expose myself in public (does scare a few of the old ladies and the pigeons though).

Yeah c'mon Kwill- lets here you play!
bluesmouse
Regular

Postby stumblin » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:47 pm

LameBob,
Don't panic mate, I'm sure everything will turn out right.
It's just that I don't have anything to do with what the covers look like or say on them.
And frankly sir, you astound me by saying that you've never exposed yourself in public before. Why, as a youth I often, oh never mind...
stumblin
Regular

Postby jeffl » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:35 am

Sincere thanks to y'all for your effort on this production. It's a nice thing.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rustyslide » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:26 am

I'll try and make the update tomorrow morning. I will probably have to drop the font, or add another page.

ramble ramble ramble
I got ramblin' on my mind.

[a href="http://www.geocities.com/hocmaximesugit/" title="my portfolio" target="_BLANK" style="text-decoration:none"]hoc maxime sugit[/a]
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby lamebob » Wed May 12, 2004 3:19 pm

Stumbin',

Did you ever get the CD insert revised?

peace

LameBob
lamebob
Regular

Postby stumblin » Wed May 12, 2004 6:24 pm

No.
Sorry, it just got to be one of those ongoing little niggles, and events kind of overtook us.
Vol. 2 has been sort of "on hold" for the last couple of weeks. I received Houserocker's song a few days ago, but apart from that there's been very little actual progress.
To be perfectly honest, I've been more than a little pre-occupied with my dodgy-knee. I'm happy to relate that the operation got done on Monday and, apart from a little residual pain, normal service will be resumed as soon as possible :)
stumblin
Regular

Postby david » Wed May 12, 2004 6:39 pm

How much more room for submissions is there on Vol. 2?

I have been considering sending something in, but I'm still on the hunt for some better way to record than for the last one.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Wed May 12, 2004 6:50 pm

NOOOO! The fish tank bubbles were cool!
ricochet
Regular

Postby stumblin » Wed May 12, 2004 6:57 pm

David, everybody, just keep sending your songs.
It'll all be over by christmas :)
stumblin
Regular

Postby boz » Wed May 12, 2004 7:15 pm

Hey David,
Keep the fish tank.
boz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby cas » Thu May 13, 2004 12:09 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-12-04 AT 08:13 PM (EST)]Glad to hear about your knee, Andy. Back to the old marathon now for you!
My song will hopefully be in next week. My teacher uploaded it to his computer last week & will hopefully have a burned copy for me tomorrow....with luck.
When everyone has heard it, I'll be looking forward to some feedback. I need to know if I've improved from last time. So, feel free to critique.

Carol
cas

Postby stumblin » Thu May 13, 2004 6:02 am

"So, feel free to critique."
Yeah, that goes for me too.
It was disappointing that the vol.1 discussion thread fell flat on it's ass within about a week. Maybe this time we can all get a few more pointers out of it.
stumblin
Regular

Postby boz » Thu May 13, 2004 11:19 am

I still feel funny about that Andy.
I guess it was kinda the fear that anything like that would cause a war or something.
At the level that I'm at I just feel good to be included.
Offering any critisism (constructive or not) would be like lookin in the mirror. (I've got enough cracked mirrors around here as it is.)
PLUS, Half the time I doubt I know what I'm talking about MYSELF!
"D'OH" !!!
boz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stumblin » Thu May 13, 2004 12:00 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-13-04 AT 08:01 AM (EST)]Boz,
I know exactly what you mean.
I was uncomfortably aware that I could have done my vol. 1 song quite a bit better than I did, and also that others may have had similar reservations about their own contributions.
It's also tricky to provide what you might think is a fair and encouraging critique of someone else's material, only for them to misunderstand what you've said and get upset about it. I'm sure we'd all like to avoid doing that, but it's probably inevitable up to a point because of the absence of non-verbal communication in the message-board format, and such misinterpretations might also be compounded by all of our disparate cultural backgrounds & up-bringings.
On the whole though, I like to think that most of us here are a bunch of mates (or at least people who tolerate each other's presence on the internet!), so everything ought to even itself out in the end.
Perhaps we ought to think about a set of criteria of some sort for the forthcoming vol.2 discussions?
In any case, it will certainly be a couple more months at the very least before we have to worry about it anyway.
stumblin
Regular

Postby david » Thu May 13, 2004 2:01 pm

The fish tank, being 120 US gallons, ain't going anywhere without a major effort.

However, I think I may move myself and my trusty Dean into a different room. Actually, the tank doesn't bother me so much as the roar from the cheapo library tape deck. I like to think I don't actually need the low quality recording to cover my playing, at least not as much as I did.
david
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements