Johnson Tricone -- Killer Deal from

A place for the owners and managers of Big Road Blues to make general announcements to the members.

RE: Johnson Tricone -- Killer Deal

Postby david » Sun May 02, 2004 4:43 pm

Not only is it $80 more, you don't get the intangible part of buying it from someone you have some sort of connection to. Being connected to this board means we almost know where the guy lives. It's the next best thing to buying it at a local store where you know the store owner.

I have always been leary of e-bay precisely because of the "unknown" factor.

If that National had started life as a round neck, I might consider it for a restoration project, since I am getting my new farm shop up and running, I enjoy tinking (though usually with things that involve torches and big hammers) and I can't afford a healthy National.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sun May 02, 2004 4:54 pm

Yeah, it was nice just to hear John's voice on the phone. (I know lots of y'all that I never get to actually hear, other than posted music.) Nice to do business with a friend!
ricochet
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:21 pm

Since this thread got brought up again in response to a question in another thread, let me point out that a month later Jason and I are both extremely happy with his new Johnson. And after all the discussion about "mushroom mods" and such, I wouldn't change a thing on his new one; it's terrific as it is.
ricochet
Regular

Previous

Return to Announcements