T Shirts

A place for the owners and managers of Big Road Blues to make general announcements to the members.

RE: T Shirts

Postby jeffl » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:18 pm

You guys are rich beyond belief! I've been in suits about 60 hrs./wk. for over 25 years. Playin' music with friends is a valued escape for me. People I've done business with for years find out my music name is Bubba, and they go,"Bubba. . .?What the....?" I get a farmer tan in the winter, from wearin' ties and just havin' my head stickin' out. The ultimate redneck.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby david » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:08 pm

DF, there must be something in those Nickell genes, even if we do have to go back into the early 1700's to find the point of convergence.

I'm getting ready to go to a meeting and got dressed up by putting on a clean pair of bib overalls.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby houndog » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:52 pm

Man,
I love putting on a suit every once and a while.
My fave is Houndstooth check...I have two jackets in this.

I am saving up for the ultimate suit...green shimmer sharkskin...Steve Martin had one in that film where he was a Mob Goodfella hiding out in Smalltown.

Traditional wear is summat like a street person but less catchy,as I am always fixing summat,last night I was digging out a pond tonight it is putting a garage roof on.

adios,
Lovat
houndog
Regular

Postby srvlives » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:54 am

Chris Isaak told me he's sending his mirrored suit to you Lovat...

-------------------
Viscere bracis meis
srvlives
Regular

Postby jellyroll baker » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:11 am

I buy all my suits from the Salvation Army. They were all probably the suits that some old guy died in, but the price is right.
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby srvlives » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:31 am

Pretty stiff I'd say.

-------------------
Viscere bracis meis
srvlives
Regular

Postby bosco » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:04 pm

>I buy all my suits from the Salvation Army. They were all probably the suits that some old guy died in, but the price is right. <

I am asked quite frequently where I get the dresshats I wear onstage. My reply is always the same..."The best source for hats is old dead guys, when their wardrobe ends up at Salvation Armani."

>I just think it sucks that you can't walk up to a clothes rack and be able to tell by the size label whether or not the item will fit.<

Bubba hit the nail on the head...there is no standardization of sizing. One XL tee will shrink to the point of being snug and the next, to quote David, ya could get two people in. I'm, 5'9 and 180 and constantly walk the line between L and XL. Pain in the arse.
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby david » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:09 pm

If your looking for vintage hats of about any style go to Ebay and do a search for "fedora." Be forewarned, most people today call anything that is not a baseball cap either a fedora or a cowboy hat. You have to weed through the pictures, but there are some cool hats there, usually for cheap.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:34 pm

No extra charge for the critters.
ricochet
Regular

Postby houndog » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:22 am

In a serene moment of Houndogic Yogic Logic this thread( arf arf ) merged with real time Houndogginess last night.

I was at a friends function after they renewed their marriage vows after 10 years.

I was sitting in my houndstooth jacket listening to the speeches.

"Well,when I said that marriage woulld put six inches into my pants...she got excited until she realised it was on my waist band...."

arf ,
Lovat
houndog
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:46 pm

I resemble that remark.
ricochet
Regular

Previous

Return to Announcements