T Shirts

A place for the owners and managers of Big Road Blues to make general announcements to the members.

T Shirts

Postby houndog » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:50 am

Hello,
I have known about these fellas for the last few years and they do nice stuff, despite calling Los Norte Americanos grande :)
Tel 0117 904 7490 or e-mail dehowells@yahoo.co.uk

adios,
Lovat
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The following jazz and blues t-shirts were in stock at the time of this going to print. They are made from 100% heavy-duty American Cotton and are black in color unless otherwise stated. Prices are £17 each including P&P for one shirt. Please phone/e-mail for prices on greater quantities and/or mixed orders. Please note these are American sizes so are fairly generous!

LOUIS ARMSTRONG; L
BIG BASS BLUES; M (in white)
CAB CALLOWAY; M [] L (in white)
MILES DAVIS-01 (Shh!); L
MILES DAVIS-02 (shades); M
MILES DAVIS-04 (at mike); L
DIZZY GILLESPIE (bubble); L
DEXTER GORDON; L
LIGHTNIN’ HOPKINS; L [] XL (in white)
ELMORE JAMES; L [] XL (in white)
ROBERT JOHNSON; L (in white)
LOUIS JORDON; M [] L [] XL
ALBERT KING; L
LEADBELLY; L
CHARLES MINGUS M
THELONIOUS MONK; M [] L (in white)
JACO PASTORIUS; M [] L (in white)
DJANGO REINHARDT; M (in white)
OTIS SPANN (cartoon); M [] L [] XL (in white)
SON HOUSE; L
SUN RA; M [] L
T-BONE WALKER; L
LITTLE WALTER; L
SONNY BOY
WILLIAMSON; XL (in white)

OTHER PRODUCTS:
EUROPEAN JAZZ TREE POSTER
ROCK TREE POSTER
BLUE NOTE BADGES

For pictures on the above, please view our old JAZZ & FLOW website on http://www.jazzandflow.com, otherwise drop me an e-mail or telephone and I will get an design image to you (or describe the product) free of charge. I am thinking of building a new website for my own usage, but, until then, please follow the above guidelines for stock enquiries. Everything sold by Jazz & Flow are of first class make and design & you will be knocked-out by whatever you purchase.

CHEQUES should be made payable to “D.E. Howells” and sent to the address below. Postal orders should be uncrossed. I do not have the credit card facility and do not accept cash in the post. Please ensure I have your full address, including postcode, plus a contact telephone number or e-mail address. All goods are sent out asap by first class post.

24 HUTTON CLOSE, WESTBURY-ON-TRYM, BRISTOL, BS9 3PT.
houndog
Regular

RE: T Shirts

Postby jellyroll baker » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:50 pm

>SUN RA; M [] L

Can you imagine the sort of people who'd strike up conversations with you on public transport if you were wearing a Sun Ra T-Shirt?
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby allanlummox » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:11 pm

Jazz musicians who grew up in Philly?

His name is pretty sacred in certain precincts.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby srvlives » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:45 am

Do they have any plain black ones?

-------------------
Viscere bracis meis
srvlives
Regular

Postby dfduck » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:18 pm

Who do cool t-shirts only come in L and XL (and larger) sizes?

I think its a conspiracy to keep us little people and normal size people in plaid. Only FAT people deserve cool t-shirts?

Our racing team does the same thing. Only prints XL and XXL team shirts. At 5'7" 120 lbs they make a nice sleeping bag I can climb inside but I wouldn't wear one out in public.

(I did see a few M's on that list, but none of the good shirts)
dfduck
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:46 pm

I think it's just because there are a lot more of us fatties out there, and you can wear big shirts. (Baggy's kind of "in.") You don't want to see me in an M.
ricochet
Regular

Postby dfduck » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:29 pm

I've never been one to go along with whats "in" this week or follow fashion trends. I don't like wearing ill fitting clothes. I don't have spiked hair and its not purple. I don't wear prison bitch pants that the kids think are so cool now, I don't wear huge balloon sneakers with some basketball "hero" name on them, or blinky lights in the back, and I tie my shoes!, I don't even have a pierced toung or genitals.

I'm just an old fuddy duddy I guess. And loose clothing is very dangerous around machines and such.
dfduck
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rustyslide » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:33 pm

>I don't wear prison bitch pants that the kids think are so
>cool now,

uh, I think those are called 'hospital' pants...

ramble ramble ramble
I got ramblin' on my mind.

[a href="http://www.geocities.com/hocmaximesugit/" title="my portfolio" target="_BLANK" style="text-decoration:none"]hoc maxime sugit[/a]
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby stumblin » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:49 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-04 AT 01:50 AM (EST)]">I don't wear prison bitch pants that the kids think are so
>cool now,
uh, I think those are called 'hospital' pants..."

Is that before or after?
Seriously, I'm intrigued by this "threads" thread, and would like to see an example of these trousers so us Brits can have a clue what you're all talking about. We probably have a different name for them.
I was recently sent an XL t-shirt mistakenly by an online retailer (who shall remain nameless), it would have made an ideal marquee for a modestly well-attended livestock auction.
I can just about wear an L - I don't mind a bit of flapping about, but M is often just a little too small. I guess the lesson here is that clothes-sizes are not based on human beings, but on machine pre-sets.
stumblin
Regular

Postby helena_junkie » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:03 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-04 AT 09:04 AM (EST)]"...some folks, built like this;
some folks, built like that..."

I don't know how they cut clothes in your neck of the woods, but by the time I've run a cotton XL through my dryer once, it barely fits.

I don't know what's up with sizing these days. I went to buy a new life jacket for canoing the other day...I had to buy a XXX/XXXXL!!!

What the??? Folks, I'm no model, but since when does 6', 200lbs mean triple-x???

edit: by the way, thanks for the site...:)
helena_junkie
Regular

Postby houndog » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:18 pm

Yip,
I'm with you HJ.At coming up to dbl DFDuck's weight ( what does that make me bantam super sized upgrade ? :D ).British sizes are not comfortable.

Man I used to be 120lb with a Elvis quiff and fitted into medium everything...what happened...?

I had to break out my stash of xxxl Florida 2002 trip T shirts for a barbie over the weekend.

Tweety pie yeller and room to shimmie...bring on the elasticated waists...

arf,
Lovat
houndog
Regular

Postby gcd revue » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:09 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-04 AT 01:09 AM (EST)]The pants in question are as follows: Buy a pair approximately a foot short in the inseam, and about the same amount too large in the waist. Then wear a belt so they'll stay on just below (yes, below) your posterior (I assume for easier access). Just for the record, I'm another "plus-size" individual. I have trouble finding stuff that fits, let alone OVERsized. Though, at 6'3" and 235 lbs, and approximately 8 percent body fat, there's not a lot I can do about it.

Keep the rubber side down,
gcd revue
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:21 pm

I just think it sucks that you can't walk up to a clothes rack and be able to tell by the size label whether or not the item will fit. They wouldn't even need fitting rooms if there was any uniformity to the labelling. It's gotta be costing the retailers money to be exchanging clothes that don't fit. Muy stupido!
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rustyslide » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:04 pm

>The pants in question are as follows: Buy a pair
>approximately a foot short in the inseam, and about the same
>amount too large in the waist. Then wear a belt so they'll
>stay on just below (yes, below) your posterior (I assume for
>easier access).

er, what? those aren't the pants in question. Hospital pants are the ugly green (now in other colours, such as orange- hence the prison bitch label) pants that orderlies and surgeons wear in hospitals (hence "hospital pants"). They aren't typically worn too big.

ramble ramble ramble
I got ramblin' on my mind.

[a href="http://www.geocities.com/hocmaximesugit/" title="my portfolio" target="_BLANK" style="text-decoration:none"]hoc maxime sugit[/a]
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby allanlummox » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:17 pm

Seen these lately ?

Red plaid bondage pants. You know, with the plaid straps connecting the legs.

http://www.thefutureinc.com/_borders/punk_p1.jpg

Seems like every few years, I get to see someone wearing those. Usually with the same blonde spiky haircut.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Announcements