Helpful Forum Members

Ideas, likes, dislikes, recommendations, and opinions regarding the Big Road Blues web site and forums.

Helpful Forum Members

Postby jeffl » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:26 pm

The willingness of BRB members to help each other out "off-forum" continues to impress and inspire me! What we see in the threads is just the surface indication of a very giving community. My personal experience of having received e-mails thru the user profile menu, and directly, as well as having received music clips in various formats, has been almost,well. . touching. Another salute to the very helpful BRB members, both pro and hobbyists, for your great examples of giving.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

RE: Helpful Forum Members

Postby ricochet » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:38 pm

Hear, hear!
ricochet
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:39 pm

Seriously.

There are some great and giving people posting here.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby david » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:20 pm

>Seriously.
>
>There are some great and giving people posting here.

And us minor and taking folks really appreciate it!!

(It is remarkable. Whether learning a new lick, or working on my instrument, I always come here first.)
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mgiubert » Wed May 12, 2004 8:31 pm

>Seriously.
>
>There are some great and giving people posting here.

I agree

MG
mgiubert
Regular

Postby bosco » Mon May 17, 2004 6:42 pm

Ya got my vote.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jellyroll baker » Tue May 18, 2004 2:40 am

>(It is remarkable. Whether learning a new lick, or working
>on my instrument, I always come here first.)

Ditto. And I always get the advice I need.
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby houserocker » Tue May 18, 2004 4:03 pm

I agree! And Jeff is one of the members that is always ready to help. Great community here!
houserocker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue May 18, 2004 5:08 pm

Thanks for the props, Charlie, but I really feel the most notable element is the fact that you guys who either gig regularly, or are full-time pros, are so willing to patiently answer the same basic questions over and over, without being condescending or brusque. Even though I have been a musician for about 40 years, I don't have broad performing experience, nor technical expertise with equipment: It is mostly in these areas where I need help, and you guys have been great! We are fortunate to have not only great musicians here, but musicians who are willing to teach and share. It really is a rare example of a community that functions very well, with all its role players. And, we got great cheerleaders and morale builders as well. What's really great is, I now have a BRB section in my CD racks, and I'll add to it as I go. I think Doc is working on a piano CD, and I don't have the Houserockers yet, jus' for starters.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby houserocker » Tue May 18, 2004 5:33 pm

I'll get you one of the new C.D.'s Jeff. They will be ready next month. It also has a song that Stumblin & Bluesmouse contributed to the C.D. that we added parts to. Really cool! I also need some Harp on one of the songs, you know anyone with a portable Yamaha hard disc recorder Jeff?
houserocker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue May 18, 2004 5:57 pm

House: are you producing that in a home studio, or are you rentin' studio time and a producer? I think we've got a couple harpers on here from your area; if you put out a call, you might get a couple guys willin' to send you some stuff, or show up. Otherwise, we could figure out how to get your cut up to me, and I can lay down a backing track and get it back to you. I could either e-mail it back, or just record it mono, and you can assign it left or right when you mix it in. As long as you use your finished product to send to me, there should be no problem mixing it in, provided it's the quality and idea you're interested in. I could lay it in there, and if you don't like it, tell me what you want, and I'd change it. And, if you're rentin' a studio, they prob'ly got a guy you can get for almost nuthin' to do one track; that would save alotta screwin' around. Otherwise, I'd be happy to- it'd be fun to do somethin' with you. I have a Sony minidisc I could record on, while monitoring your cut, and just send you the disc, mono.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dfduck » Wed May 19, 2004 3:18 am

Doc,

I've never much been into doing covers and don't sing, but have been thinking of trying to do an obscure tune (at least I think its obscure) called "Nervous" that Willie Dixon did in 1962 on the German tv show American Folk Blues Festival. I j-just l-l-love that s-s-song. I don't know who wrote the song.
dfduck
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Wed May 19, 2004 2:53 pm

Doc: One thing about doing all the parts yourself is, if you don't like the way it's coming out, you don't have to worry about the other musician taking criticism personally. But, there's nothing quite like trying out a part on your wife ( if you have one ). My wife's critiqueing can cut me to the bone, for some reason. Good luck on your project; you got anything ready enough to help Grady out with his show. . . ? there's not that many piano players around, at least not on BRB.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Suggestion Box and Opinions