BRB expenses

Ideas, likes, dislikes, recommendations, and opinions regarding the Big Road Blues web site and forums.

BRB expenses

Postby jeffl » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:03 pm

This post is NOT from our host. If you haven't clicked on the announcement from our host at the upper left of the conferences page, you should do so, especially if you're a frequent participant here. It regards the recent need to add additional disc space to accomodate the growing membership and participation in this forum. I would like to encourage those of us who can contribute donations to do so, on an annual basis, and also to encourage everyone to shop Coast to Coast when they can, to help offset expenses. My guess is that this situation is being monitored closely by our host, and it'd be great if we would have a surge of donations during the month of September, to show our appreciation to our host.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

RE: BRB expenses

Postby boz » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:25 pm

10/4 Bubba,
I'm in.
-
Boz
boz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:04 pm

Can I get a witness. . . ? Thanks, Boz!
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluesmcgoo » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:06 pm

Already done, Bubba!

Thanks for your continued support of this site, Pappy.
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stumblin » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:29 pm

I don't have a credit card or anything like that, but I'll try to get a few quid to someone who has one to pass along.
stumblin
Regular

Postby david » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:07 pm

We could start a "harmonica a month" club. Or even a "new set of strings a month" club.

Or maybe this might be an opening to establish a source for purchasing otherwise non-commercially available BRB member CDs.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:15 pm

I just clicked in a little. Probably not commensurate with the disk space I've consumed, but every bit helps.
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:16 pm

I just don't wanna see 'em have to shut this thing down cuz' it's costin' 'em too much. I know there's people using this who can't afford much, and that's fine, but for those who have extra cash and use the forum alot, it'd be nice to send our host the message that we appreciate what they've made available to us. I know I've gotten an education here that I couldn't afford to buy anywhere else, not to mention the wonderful friendships with people from all over the planet, or the tons of free music I've picked up from those people.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby cas » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:56 pm

Okay, I gave a bit. Don't want to lose this site--it'd be like losing my family, ya know?

Carol
cas

Postby bluesmouse » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:15 am

Will send in some $ when I get home.
bluesmouse
Regular

Postby david » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:51 pm

I remember when we were pretty much holding the death watch over the site before. We were told the end was nigh, but knew not the time of it's coming. (I even remember when Doc Mojo took down the "Slide Guitar" site and came back with this one! We received very little notice about that.)

It really was like a wake here as folks were scattering around to other boards trying to find anyplace that was similar to this. There just weren't any.

I remember when CTC stepped in to save the day. I don't want to see the site go through that again.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:00 pm

>It really was like a wake here as folks were scattering
>around to other boards trying to find anyplace that was
>similar to this. There just weren't any.

There still aren't. There are other blues related sites. Not the same.
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:34 pm

OK, so I'm a broken record- this is BIG, gang. If as many people as possible chip in a little (even $5), and do it ASAP, it's gonna send a good thank you to our host, and it'll cover their expenses for awhile. I'm thinkin' that we could pick a month every year, and call it "donation month", or something like that. Again, the poor people shouldn't feel bad about not being able to give- there's enough money around here to keep this thing going. Sorry if my message is boring anybody, or pissing you off. It's not intended that way.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:14 pm

When you buy from C to C, use the link at the top of the main page, so they can see that BRB members are buying from them. Thanks.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bruneau » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:38 pm

Hi

I'm just a poor longsome painter.
But i'm willing to donate something.
The Idea is this; I make a painting (a portrait) of a famous bluesman like C.Patton or Rev. Gary Davis or whoever.
We can sell it on the forum trough an auction
The profits go entirely to the forum.
Or "Lets Work Together" and do something to keep this forum stay alive.
Artist, musicians, bakers, directors of something big, Let's Work Together.

Just a thought
Replies and ideas please!!
Bruneau
bruneau
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Suggestion Box and Opinions