C2C banner ads

Ideas, likes, dislikes, recommendations, and opinions regarding the Big Road Blues web site and forums.

C2C banner ads

Postby nizer » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:34 pm

I have an idea to help support the board. Since it appears Pappy's Coast to Coast is the engine of this board, I thought helping C2C business could create revenue to help pay for BRB.

With that in mind I have created a banner ad idea that we could put on our own email, websites, etc., to help drive traffic to the C2C site. Also ask other people to use it where appropriate. Kind of viral marketing.

Anyway, here is a banner idea. The first one is for regular use. If you can put an HTML link to C2C from the banner, I've made one with "CLICK ME" on it. I've used images of Boogiechillun and Barbeque Bob without getting their permission, so don't use 'em till they give it. If anyone has a picture of themselves they want to see, send it to send me and I'll make some more. Just talk to me for specs first. Whaddya think?

nizer
Regular

RE: C2C banner ads

Postby stumblin » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:53 pm

I'd be happy to place a link, but I think a button sized one for the side-menu bar would be preferable. I think it'd need to be a bit less visually "busy" to translate well to that kind of smaller size.
stumblin
Regular

Postby nizer » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:14 pm

Okay, this is a standard full banner. Here are the other standard sizes:

http://www.iab.net/standards/adunits.asp#
nizer
Regular

Postby bluesmcgoo » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:02 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-05 AT 05:03 PM (EST)]I think that's a capital idea, Nizer.

Nice design, by the way. I like it.
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:06 am

Yeah, that's nice!

Meanwhile, I continue pointing out where appropriate in the BRB (and other) board discussions that C2C does have cool stuff for sale, and buy stuff there myself now and then.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby badfinger » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:06 am

I don't think those pictures are of BBQB and BC; rather they are pics of other well-known people (but I don't know who).

However, you don't need someone's permission to publish their pictures, only the permission of the author, eg, photographer, or owner of the pics.

What you do have to be careful of is that the pics do not defame or make a libel.

Other than that, it sounds a good idea.
badfinger
Regular

Postby nizer » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:01 pm

>I don't think those pictures are of BBQB and BC; rather
>they are pics of other well-known people (but I don't know
>who).

Uuuuhhhh.....awha? This is just getting silly. Other well-known people you don't know? Hmmmmm.....

I apologize for the error. I took the BBQ Bob pic from his site:
http://www.barbequebob.com/morephotos.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page to the last photo, the one with the caption that reads: "Barbeque Bob with Bob Margolin playing old school Chicago Blues at the Weepin' Willie Benefit held atClub 58, Quincy, MA".

Now either:

a) Bob has put a link on the bottom of his posts that actually goes to some other well-known persons's site who also coincidentally calls themselves Barbeque Bob

b) Someone has gone through Bob's site and swapped all of the photos of him with photos of another well-know person that I also don't recognize

c) Barbeque Bob is the OTHER guy in the photo, the one playing the Les Paul and wearing the Rayban Wayfarers. The guy playing the harp is actually Bob Margolin. And HIS pictures are plastered throughout the site.

I'm not sure where I went wrong.

As for boogiechillun85, the link on his posts goes to:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageart ... dID=336301

This may in fact may NOT be boogiechillun but someone called "JimNJ Blues". I have never met boogiechillun so, to be honest, I don't know what he looks like. So I guess that's how I got him mixed up with this other well-known "JimNJ Blues" guy.

>However, you don't need someone's permission to publish
>their pictures, only the permission of the author, eg,
>photographer, or owner of the pics.

I consider it a simple act of ethical propriety to ask someone's permission before I use a picture of them to promote someone else's business.

BTW, Thanks McGoo ;-)
nizer
Regular

Postby badfinger » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:04 pm

"Other well-known people you don't know?"

Whatever - I just assumed they were from the little pics alongside people's posts, the whom, it would appear, are "famous" people, but not familiar to me. (I still think the one by Ric's posts is a self-portrait, tho.)
badfinger
Regular

Postby stumblin » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:39 pm

"I still think the one by Ric's posts is a self-portrait, tho."
Who of?
:+
stumblin
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:09 pm

I do resemble that pic. At least from behind.

There are a bunch of well known people that I don't know. Can't tell you who any of them are, though.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Return to Suggestion Box and Opinions