Suggestion to raise cash

Ideas, likes, dislikes, recommendations, and opinions regarding the Big Road Blues web site and forums.

RE: Suggestion to raise cash

Postby badfinger » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:22 pm

is that what happens with reuseable condoms...?

I seem to remember a punchline...

"The regiment accepts yer tender!"
badfinger
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:21 pm

A slide with a light-up image of Doc Mojo?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby badfinger » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:00 pm

A light-up image of a slide?

Even a slide that lights up would be good.
badfinger
Regular

Postby bruneau » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:13 pm

>"you don't have to wear them"

>So what's the point?

Sometimes I buy postcards made by disabled people of paintings painted with the mouth or with the foot.
The paintings and therefore the postcards are so ugly I don't want to send them to no one. I buy them and throw them away.
Don't you never buy a thing you can't or won't use.
bruneau
Contributor
Contributor

Postby panhead74 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:58 am

>Don't you never buy a thing you can't or won't use.

...Well...there IS this Fender acoustic...

(J/K)
panhead74
Regular

Postby savage » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:53 pm

um, i dont know if anyone has suggested this before, but maybe we could all put together a Big Road Blues CD. We could all record a song or 2 and sell it (or just put one of your already recorded songs on there). The CD could be sold for what $15-$20. I mean ain't this a musician forum? Everyone could advertise the CD on their sites and such. What do you guys think? The cash for the actual discs could be donted by everyone here.
savage
Regular

Postby maxx england » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:45 pm

>um, i dont know if anyone has suggested this before, but
>maybe we could all put together a Big Road Blues CD. We
>could all record a song or 2 and sell it (or just put one of
>your already recorded songs on there). The CD could be sold
>for what $15-$20. I mean ain't this a musician forum?
>Everyone could advertise the CD on their sites and such.
>What do you guys think? The cash for the actual discs could
>be donted by everyone here.

Good idea.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby savage » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:23 am

seriously, I'm sure everyone on this board would be more than willing to put a song or 2 on the CD. There would be more than enough tracks. And that would make the CD even a better deal. I'd be willing to whip up some of the album art. I could print out the album covers outa my house as well. I may not be the best guitarist, but Id be happy to put a song foward to the CD... and I know there are some great musicians on this board whos stuff is well worth the money. I really dont think this would be a bad idea to raise some cash.
savage
Regular

Postby badfinger » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:07 pm

A seeming appropriate idea, and while not wishing to splash cold water too liberally, a look back over the board's past will show that it has been suggested and discussed on more than one occasion.

Indeed, such a CD (or CDs) already exists, in (I can't remember how many) volumes.

The main problem is that, although you kindly offer to "whip up some of the album art... print out the album covers...", would you also undertake to be "the publisher"?

If all the "stuff... well worth the money..." includes any copyrighted material, someone (ie, "the publisher") would have to sort out the legalities and pay the royalties - and/or the resultant fines for IP theft.

And if all material is original... Oh how my heart sinks every time I hear phrases like, "This is one what I wrote myself...".

(On the other hand, perhaps 5% of materials so described is worth hearing twice, and if, as suggested, "everyone on this board would be more than willing", with 1451 registered members, there's the chance of a few decent tracks.
badfinger
Regular

Postby savage » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:11 pm

i was unaware of such a cd bein out. I had only heard of a cd put together for BOZ. It was for him right? And if there is a CD like this, is it still bein advertised on C2C at all?

The songs would deffinately have to be original to avoid any legal problems. I appreciate your counter-ideas. I was waitin for someone to start gettin technical so we could discuss the real reasons why this "couldnt be done".

I don't think we should just throw a buncha little recordings on a cd and try to sell it. I think we should try to put some good stuff on a CD... worth listenin to (and everyone participating would have to approve of the songs). Doesnt mean all the tracks have to be old. This CD could still be in the making as new material is always flowing through here. By that I mean that this CD wont be an instant thing, but could be put together over a period time so tracks arent just thrown together. And I realize that everyone is looking for instant results. But in reality theres usually no such thing unless you step into the illegal side of bread-winning, in which case I'd rally those closest to my home to go knock over a bank, haha.
savage
Regular

Postby badfinger » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:53 pm

There have been two (I think...) "Big Road Blues CD" compilations made and distributed around, privately. None was placed anywhere for sale. They contained lots of stuff from lots of people - some original, some 'covers'.

There's info in the "back issues", such as here:

http://www.bigroadblues.com/dcforum/DCForumID33/11.html
http://www.bigroadblues.com/dcforum/DCForumID33/18.html
http://www.bigroadblues.com/dcforum/DCForumID33/26.html
http://www.bigroadblues.com/dcforum/DCForumID33/20.html
http://www.bigroadblues.com/dcforum/DCF ... 3/140.html
badfinger
Regular

Postby savage » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:29 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-05 AT 10:31 AM (EST)]thanks for postin those, looks like to get a full CD of originals we'd have to wait some time. But then again, what if everyone actually wrote a song for this album? Not like a forced song or anything (please, no!)... but more of an Ode to the blues, if you will.

EDIT: Those who feel inspired to contribute a song or to may. And if not, no one would have to.
savage
Regular

Previous

Return to Suggestion Box and Opinions