A long weekend

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

A long weekend

Postby paulw » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:04 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-06 AT 10:10 PM (EST)]Hope nobody minds, but I need to vent.

I was exited as a kid at christmas today. My coast to coast order came. I ordered a shaker madcat, a blues blaster and a pair of Hering 1923 harps. The 1923's harps have been on my mind for several weeks now. Ive wanted to try this tunning but have been hesitating because of some of the reports of them blowing out easyly. But I convinced myself it would be good for me to have that worry on my mind and learn to play softer.
So, back to my order. I open up the box and pulled out the two mic's and went straight to the harps. Then my heart sank. The two harps in the box turned out to be Johnson Blues Kings.......
I looked at my invoice, that was correct (1923's) and the keys of the blues kings were A and D, which is what keys I ordered.

Went for the phone and called them...busy....called back and got a recording so I left a message and then e-mailed them.

Well no word. I have ordered from coast to coast several times before and have had great service and have sung their praises on several of the forums I belong to. I have no reason to belive that this problem wont be taken care of. I just wish I had been able to get word from them. Im not mad, mistakes happen But, I cant help but think of all the times many of us order things on the web. We are realy at the mercy of the merchant when things like this happen. Hopefully they have trustworthy people doing the packing and run a tight enventory. Just seems odd they would be in the correct keys. I will just have to wait and see.........
Its going to be a long weekend.
Paul
paulw
Regular

RE: A long weekend

Postby ricochet » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:26 am

We're all human and screw up sometimes. I'm sure John (PappyJ) will fix it. I understand the frustration and disappointment of not getting what you ordered and were eagerly anticipating, though.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby paulw » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:46 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-06 AT 11:50 PM (EST)]I know they will, they seem like good people there. Ive bought most of my harps from them as well as Doug's training CD's and the Portnoy set. I hated to say anything but worry more so than disappointment had set in. This is a small error compaired to some of the blunders ive had in the past..lol
Im ok now, Im sure things will be worked out Monday.
Paul
paulw
Regular

Postby bosco » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:36 pm

Yeah, understand the vent, Pappy will make it right by you.

I would imagine the phone rang while they were filling the order. Still had the correct keys on their mind, just goofed on the brand.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby pappyj » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:50 pm

I was out of town Thursday afternoon and Friday, leaving only one person to answer the phones, which is pretty tough on her. I'm writing now from Topeka KS - we came here for my brother's 50th birthday. I have written you an off list email about how to get the problem corrected. We strive to make perfect shipments but sometimes packing mistakes happen. We will always make a mistake right. Thanks for your business and your support of BRB!

Regards,
PappyJ
pappyj
Site Admin

Postby ricochet » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:11 pm

Happy birthday to your brother, Pappy! :7

ricochet
Regular

Postby 1armbandit » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:41 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-06 AT 10:43 PM (EST)]Hey Pappy, Happy Birthday to your brother.
I'm just down the road from Topeka, worked there for years.
Have a safe trip home.

I know that John will make everything right, but really who wants a Johnson that small anyway.
1armbandit
Contributor
Contributor

Postby paulw » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:07 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-06 AT 01:18 AM (EST)]Happy birthday to your brother, im not far behind him on years.
As you get older the years seem to go by so fast.

Thanks for the E-mail. It seems that sometimes I take my harp playing a little to serious.

I think I might have to order a C and F 1923 while I wait for the others?
Does the 1923's compair in size more to a Lee oscar/delta Frost or more smaller like a marine band?

Paul
paulw
Regular

Postby pappyj » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:37 pm

It's almost exactly the size and shape of a Marine Band. Thanks for the good wishes for my brother, I'll pass them along.
Regards,
PappyJ
pappyj
Site Admin

Postby rookie » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:46 pm

What's the exact opposite of venting? Unventing? Misventing? Deventing?

24 hours on, and I am still absolutely staggered - and even a little bit frightened - at the efficiency of the C2C service. Ordered a bunch of harps and stuff on 2 March, got an email announcing dispatch on the 4th and they arrived on the 7th, despite the website saying delivery to the UK could take 2-3 weeks. Some congrats have to go to UPS I suppose, but that is freakin' awesome! Oh, and they're all the right key too!
But before it looks like I'm sucking up, one of them, the Suzuki Bluesmaster, was out of stock and is on back order. No problem, I've got 7 new ones to play with until it arrives! Cheers PappyJ!
rookie
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bosco » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:51 pm

Them's some nifty new blue notes you have there, Rookie!

Cheers.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rookie » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:04 pm

Better blue notes than the ones I get out of the harps, Bosco...

No, haven't tried the new ones yet actually as I was working from home yesterday but they were delivered to my workplace. So I'm champing at the bit to get home tonight and practice. That Hering 1923 looks great, but I daren't toot it in the office!
rookie
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:24 pm

If I toot in the office, the nurses spray Lysol.

ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:56 pm

Of the popularly priced harps,IMO,the Hering 1923 looks and feels to be the best designed and built,and has a distinctive quality to its reeds. I like the sealed comb,and even the heft of the piece,due to the thicker metal. Having said that,I only own one.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp