Trouble brewing

A forum devoted to the discussion of playing bass with the blues.

RE: Trouble brewing

Postby jellyroll baker » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:25 pm

So it's kind of like Electric Mud, only with listenable results.
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby costa » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:06 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-03 AT 03:07 PM (EST)]Depends on how you define listenable... }>

Costa

That's right, sufferin'; just like you're sufferin'. Sufferin' Mind. Here we go now.
costa
Regular

Postby bigdaddy » Fri May 06, 2005 9:33 pm

Why use 5 or 6 strings when the job gets done with 4? I am some what new to blues bass but not to blues and not to the bass. I heard fusion once and the key word there is once. Thought I'd check out jazz about 25 years and ended up givin' all the records away. I never got it. Rock is and was good for them days long ago but blues vibrate the bones today. Blues ain't about figurin' a new weird chord or sycropation or what have you. Blues is making new what has existed for years. There's something about the blues chord progression that is in tune with life. I really believe the sounds of them chords lines up with all emotion people carry. I walk the bass alot, have for years. I walk it. Tony keeps the time, Angelo rolls the piano keys and sings and Mark makes his guitar whine, scream and cry. Add all that up and it's blues. Nothin' fancy, nothin' tricky. I had to let go of alot of my rock tricks and get back to simple. Simple is good.
bigdaddy
Regular

Previous

Return to Bass - Meet Me At The Bottom