Behringer BX3000T

A forum devoted to the discussion of playing bass with the blues.

Behringer BX3000T

Postby bigdaddy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:08 pm

Picked one of these up new last Saturday for $175.00. Took it home and ran it through my 15 inch Peavey Sheffield cab and man what a beautiful sound. I barely use the ultra bass gizmo and the shape gizmo on about 3 and this amp sounds good. It's a 300 watt head with knobs. I don't use the "deep" gizmo because it does gfo deep and makes my old house shake. I turned it up once to about 3/4 volume to see if it would blow the speaker but the speaker held up fine. I needed a giging amp because the one I am using in the upstairs practice room is a Peavey combo that is simply to heavy to haul up and down stairs. Time will tell how weel this head holds up. It'll only be used once or twice a month. Good sounding head tho.
bigdaddy
Regular

RE: Behringer BX3000T

Postby richard » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:25 pm

i'm a fan of behringer - their gear is within reach of most people who don't have a lot of money to throw around. i bought one of thewir new pedals and was blown away with the price and quality, if it dies, i'll get another. it'll still be cheaper.
Richard
richard
Regular

Postby badfinger » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:07 pm

Yep - Behringer is good stuff. I have a 4 channel mixer and some of their mics. Very reasonable prices.

(The mics are Shure look-alikes, and supposed to be sound-alikes; I wouldn't endorse the latter, exactly, but at around £15 each, who cares, and who's going to notice the difference in, say, a noisy pub environment?)
badfinger
Regular

Postby bigdaddy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:58 pm

The more I thump thru this Behringer the more I like it. I play thru a Peavey TNT115 at practice but I'm not happy. That Peavey sounds so harsh and brutal. I've tried to smooth it out but it don't seem to wanna smooth out. That black widow speaker is to stiff. Ain't it amazing how what you thought was pretty good stuff gets unliked when somethin' sweeter comes along. Oh my, sounds like my love life. Hmmm, could that be the reason for them four divorces?
bigdaddy
Regular

Return to Bass - Meet Me At The Bottom