Female Bass Players

A forum devoted to the discussion of playing bass with the blues.

Female Bass Players

Postby lorilu » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:33 pm

I went to this jam a ways from here in a small town and was surprised to see the house band had a female bass player. I was so happy. She was very good. Solid and good feel. Turns out her husband was the drummer.

The second jam I went to at this bar there was another female bass player who had also come from kind of far away to jam. They put us together to play and it was such a blast. She was great. I have to admit to wondering whether she would be, cause she had walked by with this little purse and high heels and was dressed kind of sexy but she was way cool. She was right on time, and we locked in perfectly and the guitar players were all happy. I felt very proud that we had a strong rhythm section. Lots of fun.
lorilu
Regular

RE: Female Bass Players

Postby ricochet » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:00 pm

That's great!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:22 pm

I sat in with a band last Saturday nite that had a female bass player...solid as hell; great voice,too..knockin' down Janis,Heart,and Etta James all in one set.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:01 pm

Wish I could've heard and seen her. That's really cool. Has anyone seen Magoo? What's up with him?
lorilu
Regular

Postby fat paul » Mon May 01, 2006 12:59 am

Nuttin cooler than that. Sound like a good network of musicians.
Oh also Lorilu my 13 year old daughter is taking drum lessons and has a very nice kit, another female riddum section player
fat paul
fat paul
Regular

Postby lorilu » Mon May 01, 2006 1:50 pm

That is awesome. Drums are very fun to me. And difficult and challenging. You really have to love em to work out those challenges. And a family that understands the loud daily practice.
lorilu
Regular

Return to Bass - Meet Me At The Bottom