Electriolian?

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Electriolian?

Postby bottleneckjohn » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:59 am

Hi all!
:mrgreen:

Added a mini humbucker to a Miniolian reso.
It's a cheap floating pickup that's designed to attach to the end of the fretboard on an archtop guitar.
I simply glued it to the top here, it sounds really nice and I like to have an option to plug in or not. :D

Electronator guitar..
bottleneckjohn
Regular

Re: Electriolian?

Postby Bant's Bluz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:13 pm

Most Excellent!
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby Joe Sustaire » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:59 pm

Sounds great John!
I love your guitar demo's, they're like little mini tutorials on a great variety of bottleneck licks.
I'm always learning something from you.

Thanks,
Joe
Joe Sustaire
Regular

Postby bottleneckjohn » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks guys!
Yeah, one don't need expensive brand pickups imo, I think these do the job nicely!! :mrgreen:
Sometimes on tour the moment comes when I really could have used an electric guitar..
With this beauty I can do my acoustic gigs and still plug in and do some serious electric jammin' haha! :twisted:

Hey Joe, good to know you like to try to learn something from my clips. That's awesome!!
Someday I'd be interested in doin' some kind of tutorial DVD maybe?!
Would be fun but first I must know what I'm playing myself... I just play and sometimes it sounds ok... :lol:
Last edited by bottleneckjohn on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bottleneckjohn
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:48 pm

John, if you did a tutorial on the basics and it wasn't too costly, I'd get it. I'm in SE Georgia and finding decent blues learning resources is next to impossible. On a positive note, I believe this may be the land of applied inbreeding! Went to Wal Mart yesterday and some of the people appeared to have some genetic issues. I should talk, my paternal Great Grand Father married his second cousin which may support some of my oddities.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby ricbleu » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:04 am

Great stuff, BJ. Your playing is as clean as a whistle and that p/up complements the natural sound from the cone beautifully. A triumph all round, I would say. :D Peace.
ricbleu
Regular

Postby straightblues » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:41 pm

How much of that recording was the acoustic tone from the room versus the amplified tone from the pickup? It sounded really good.
straightblues
Regular

Postby bottleneckjohn » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:23 pm

Thanks! Yes, it sounds quite nice!
My guess is that what we hear is like 80% amplified and 20% room acoustic tone here.
bottleneckjohn
Regular

Return to Guitar