TC Toneprint editor is available to the public soon

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

TC Toneprint editor is available to the public soon

Postby Clifford D » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:40 pm

Anyone own a TC Toneprint pedal? Good news, the toneprint editor is going to be made available foe toneprint owners.
And it will be free.

Another BIG homerun for TC and Tore, good job.

Thoughts?
Clifford D
Regular

Re: TC Toneprint editor is available to the public soon

Postby Jakeblues » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:56 am

I'm not familiar w/TC products. Looking at their site, I'm not really sure what "Toneprint" is or does, or why I'd want it. As near as I can tell, it's a series of stomp boxs you can control by a smart phone or tablet
rrbtablet
Jakeblues
Regular

Postby Clifford D » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:42 pm

The idea behind the Toneprint is TC sits down with some big guitar name like Steve Morse and together Steve designs a completely new effect sculpted to Steves desires. TC does this with their delay and their reverb and more but I'll just alk about the reverb "Hall of Fame" or HoF.

So TC has a whole library of artists custom toneprints. They can be downloaded directly into your pedal or into your smartphone. The phone can store all your faves and you hold your phone to the guitar pick-up and that will load the toneprint into the pedal. Amazing tech.

Still the people wanted more, they wanted the editor so they could custum design the exact sound they hear. This is close to asking TC to give up part of their business. I mean pedals have always been proprietary, you get what you get. TC is the first company to release the editor for free so people can design their custom toneprints.

The reverb and the delay have been an enormous success before the editor came out.
This is going to blow the doors wide open and all the sceptics are melting. Haven't heard any negatives.

And lastly, the pedals sound great. Before the editor option the HoF ranked #2, right behind the WET reverb. Now with the editor I have a feeling the WET will sink a bit.
Clifford D
Regular

Postby Jakeblues » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Maybe I'm old, or maybe I "just don't get it": It seems like this answers the question nobody asked. So this is a reverb pedal that you cna control with your phone? I'm fine with presets controlling it with my foot, since I don't use my feet to play...except to keep time and prevent falling over.

I'm very selfish when it comes to technology: I have to know I'm going to get something out of it before I'm willing to put time/money into it.
Jakeblues
Regular

Postby Clifford D » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:31 pm

The phone thing is not the purpose of my post it was the fact that they're giving the editor away.

Ain't no thing if this is all too fandangled, lol, I rarely use it because it screws up my effect loop boost. But I still dig the pedal and will use it on occasion.

For blues I just use amp reverb, but if I want the Supernatural Peter Green type of reverb or Bloomfields reverb I have the reverb to do it.
Clifford D
Regular

Postby Jakeblues » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:58 am

I don't mean to come across as a technophobe. If anything, I lean more and more towards multi-effects processor and be able to go from one complete sound to another by switching presets. Individual pedels/stomp boxes seems like a lot of added work. I'm sure you can get more variety of specific sounds w/separate effects, I guess I'm just lazy :D
Jakeblues
Regular

Postby Clifford D » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:08 pm

Lazy, or practical? Blues gigs don't need a slew of pedals. So foor me, any pedal I add has to work in an "organic" way. I mean I don't like too much in terms of ambient effects. Blues sounds great straight up. The last thing I want is an over processed sound.

Over processed? I have a friend that uses up to 30 pedals on a pedalboard and a table. And he plays an acoustic, not just an acoustic but an $8,000 guitar. Why? Why? Why? I had to pull away from playing with him in any gig situation becouse his o/c would be embarrassing live. I certainly wouldn't want my blues buddies to see that, in fact it was back then when I realized none of this was nccisary. The amp killed my pedal gas. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

But I'm still facinated with the really good pedals and own one each of the best (imo)
HoF reverb
Zendrive 2 od
HardDrive delay
Red Witch tremolo
Plum Crazy Fuzzy Lady fuzz

That's it. Not too much
Clifford D
Regular

Return to Guitar