Anybody ever play a Midtown Custom?

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Anybody ever play a Midtown Custom?

Postby panhead201 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:56 pm

I know I don't get out much,but I'd never even heard of one.I think I might of seen one hanging on the wall,but I think I figured It was a 339 or 347,something like that.The Guitar Center tech had just finished screwing up my guitar,last time I was there so I wasn't in the mood to do business with em....
panhead201
Regular

Re: Anybody ever play a Midtown Custom?

Postby Lo-Fi » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:49 pm

I think it is pretty much an economy version (well as economical as Gibson gets) of the ES-339. Smaller semi-hollow body and a Richlite fingerboard which I gather is made of pressed paper or something. Not sure whast the pups are.
Lo-Fi
Regular

Re: Anybody ever play a Midtown Custom?

Postby panhead201 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:44 am

Thanks..They gotta be cutting corners somewhere to sell em that cheap.I never played richlite.Just mentioning it on some sites will start WW 3.I don't care.If it looks like ebony and feels like it.I've got enough gold hardware,tuner,s and a Bigsby.Some good pickups if it needs em.I like the big block inlay,especially on the first fret and the 5 ply binding.They quit making them after the first year. guess I'll find a Richlite guitar and try it.
panhead201
Regular

Return to Guitar