Best Travel Guitar

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Best Travel Guitar

Postby jeffcobb » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 pm

What is your favorite travel guitar? I used to travel alot for my day job and nothing can eat up lonesome hours in a hotel like a guitar, mini-amp and headphones but with space being limited these days and most of the travel guitars I have seen have been crap or just plain don't have that real guitar feel. At long last I have found a favorite that has stood me well in the 10+ years I have had it and have nothing but good things to say about it. Some of the claims may sound outlandish to some so please feel free to ask me and I will give you the straight poop. The guitar I got was a Stewart Stowaway, like a full sized strat minus the headstock, collapses to just the size of the body and re-assembles in seconds, often requiring very little tuning to get ready to play. I have nothing but good things to say about this. See stewartguitars.com for other guitars. This thing was $499 in 2002 and is the same exact price now, something amazing to say the least in this day and age. Fits easily into a knapsack or overhead bin on a plane....what about yours?
http://www.stewartguitars.com/
jeffcobb
Regular

Re: Best Travel Guitar

Postby jeffcobb » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:32 pm

Because I messed up the first post so badly, here is a Stowaway in black (mine is blue) in collapsed form:

And here is it put together:
jeffcobb
Regular

Return to Guitar