Anyone using a Schatten Tricone pickup?

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Anyone using a Schatten Tricone pickup?

Postby gaucho » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:39 am

My Republic Tricone came with one installed. I've never been able to get any volume out of it. You can hear it but it's not much (if any) louder than the guitar itself. I assume it needs a pre-amp? Any suggestions on what to use?
gaucho
Regular

Re: Anyone using a Schatten Tricone pickup?

Postby wellvis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:32 pm

Schatten makes an inexpensive preamp.
http://schattendesign.com/mini-pre.htm
wellvis
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:40 pm

I have two Liberty guitars, one spider and one biscuit. They both have Schatten pickups and a pre amp was recommended. I just now read that Schatten has inexpensive pre amp after spending a fair chunk of money on a Baggs. Such is life!
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby JakeFirebirdV » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:38 pm

I started with a Highlander back in 2004 when I ordered my Tricone from National .. dumped it after 2 months. I bought the Schatten for Tricone and teamed it up with a LR Baggs ParaAcoustic preamp - still use it today and Ebay'd the Highlander.

If these moderators would show my posts (I just joined yesterday), I will post some un-EQ'd, flat sound clips :!:
JakeFirebirdV
Regular

Postby JakeFirebirdV » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:31 am

Yupp ... First, I got a Highlander ... like everyone was saying to. It ended up on Ebay after a few months. Then I tried Schatten's transducer for Tricone. I got the passive unit as there were many preamps out there to try before I listened to anyone again.
I settled on a LR Baggs ParaAcoustic. My National Stye One Tricone amplified thru my PA is unbeatable!
You can hear a sound clip with the Schatten played DRY ... meaning NO preamp, played directly thru interface into computer. You will hear it on the Right side. The left side is an SM 57 mic - dry. Go to http://TheHouseWreckerz.com
JakeFirebirdV
Regular

Return to Guitar