selling on this board

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

selling on this board

Postby dulcimerbob » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Is there a place for selling stuff on this board ? I have some things I'd like to move but don't want to violate rules. Thanks
dulcimerbob
Regular

Re: selling on this board

Postby Bant's Bluz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 pm

I meant to reply to your inquiry but a bit of open heart surgery got in my way. To my knowledge, and I will stand for correction, sales are permitted. I don't think this would include someone in a full time commercial type business.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Bant's Bluz wrote:I meant to reply to your inquiry but a bit of open heart surgery got in my way.

I hope it all went well for you, sir. I watched my dad go through it last year. He had a six way bypass and a very slow and hard recovery. I hope all is well with you.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks for the kind words Lefty. Actually I only had a three vessel by-pass, but two days prior to that I had my left carotid artery reamed out as well. None the less, I got up and walk three hours after the open heart surgery and was discharged from the hospital days later. I am truly very blessed as the condition of my arteries was such that I should have been dead. Recovery is a fairly long process, but it's something that must be done. I've also decided that I'm going to work on my finger style as I've never gotten it down to a level of reasonable satisfaction. Or, more bluntly stated, on the best day it sucks big time.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby Jakeblues » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Best wishes for a speedy and thorough recovery. Glad to hear they were able to straighten the plumbing out. I'm sure the sore back and stiff chest will be with you for a while. Singing is good to expand the chest and prevent atelectisis and pneumonia! I was laid up for a good portion of last summer when I had my bionic hip installed and put a lot of time in with the squareneck. Make good use of the time. Again, best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Jakeblues
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Much appreciated Jake. Actually, according to the surgeon and ancilliary staff, I'm progressing better than most. I was up walking less than 4 hours post op and I was discharged from the hospital 2.5 days after my chest was cracked. My biggest issue at the moment is tobacco! I'm one smoke away from being a two pack a day man again and I CAN'T let that happen.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby ricbleu » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:18 am

All the best for a safe journey back to full health, BB. We take our bodies for granted, using them like some unbreakable tool, but when something goes wrong, we realise what better care we should have taken along the way to help the ole machine last longer. Best wishes though for this one and the battle with the ciggies. :D Peace
ricbleu
Regular

Return to Guitar