Blues in Boston

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Blues in Boston

Postby mdglaw » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:56 pm

I am a new member from Boston MA, USA. I am in my 60's play guitar for about 3 years. I have been focused on the Blues originally because I decided I would never learn how to shred, but now out of a real love. Gone to Clarksdale on pilgrimage. Spent a few days in Memphis. I have been playing in a blues ensemble at Passim School of Music and have done an open mike and the Passim campfires. I have started writing my own songs.

Just bought a 4 string cigar box guitar from St. Blues in Memphis. It is tuned open G and I am learning what to do with it. I just wrote a blues song lyrics and want to plan the music around this tuning. Taking some keyboard lessons this summer hoping to use it to improve both my guitar work and singing.

If you know anybody in the Boston area which can show me some 4 string tricks happy to pay for lessons.

Mike
mdglaw
Regular

Return to A Bit About You