Miracles Do Happen Mine Took 36 Years

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Miracles Do Happen Mine Took 36 Years

Postby Hurricane » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:02 am

Started on a harp at 4 years of age - guitar at 6 - trumpet at 8 .

1962 I had 3 glass milk bottles in my left hand - Some one hits it hard and shatters the bottles and in an instant I have literally hundreds of sharp glass shrds embedded into my left hand and finger tips . No More Guitar till - - - -

After 36 years of praying and hoping I'm at the town's public library learning how to use a P . C . and the net . I had also been playing the keyboard about 4 years too . While seated and typing my right forearm itches and I scratch it and suddenly feel pain and look down to see a " cat scratch "looking mark of Zorro lightly bleeding ?

Eventually I find the culprit with the aid of the librarian's hand lens . I ran from the library to my friends home ( when I was able to run heh heh 13 years ago ) and knock . My buddy sees my wild eyed look as I say :

" lemme see yo gitar " :!:

as I recovered slowly from the 6 block run . He knew my story and wondered out loud something to the effect :

" You can't play ya got that glass in your fingers :wha: ."

And goes off to get the guitar after I told him what had just transpired at the library a few minutes earlier .

AS I held his Alvarez acoustic I made the most painful of all the chords the open " C " and no pain - sounded like $hit too - then a open " F " again no pain just a lousy sounding chord :mrgreen: Then on to a open " E " and again no pain at all save the sensitive nature of a finger tip on a steel string for the first time and compound that sensitivity with the divet left on my left ring finger .

Took about two months for the finger to fully heal and allow me to start a real practice regime .

Now with 13 years at it I am playing really well to the point I give lessons on guitar . I teach music theory for both guitar and keyboards , I do this in two languages too :lol: .

Believe in your prayers they will get answered , maybe it's going to take some time , but then again what is time compared to the universe ?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

With mt buddy Chan Romero
( Hippy Hippy Shake 1959 )

Easy All :

Hurricane Ramon
Hurricane
Regular

Re: Miracles Do Happen Mine Took 36 Years

Postby §treetslim » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:43 pm

is that ms ruby champagne singing with ya? congrats on your miracle!
§treetslim
Regular

Postby Hurricane » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:58 am

You bet that's Ruby Champagne and she is a sweetheart to be sure .

This was a Rock-A-Billy gig I did with Chan Romero @ " The Redwood " in downtown Los Angels southern California .

Thanks , when it comes to my little " miracle " I am on a mission to spread the news man :)

Easy Blood :

Hurricane Ramon
Hurricane
Regular

Postby §treetslim » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:55 am

i host a blues jam with my buddies in hollywood wed nights,if youre ever in town you should come up and jam with us. its at the rainbow bar 9015 sunset blvd every wed night 10pm to close.
§treetslim
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Great news Hurricane! Thanks for sharing that. I've been trying to remember Abraham (the patriarch of the Hebrews ) when it comes to faith & being patient for a long, long time.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:57 am

Wow! That's an awesome story!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Hurricane » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:24 am

§treetslim wrote:i host a blues jam with my buddies in hollywood wed nights,if youre ever in town you should come up and jam with us. its at the rainbow bar 9015 sunset blvd every wed night 10pm to close.

=====

Thanks Streetslim :

If I get to your area ( and I do hit L . A. a lot ) on a Wednesday I sure would like to jump on stage with ya'll :)

Hurricane Ramon
Hurricane
Regular

Postby Hurricane » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:26 am

ricochet wrote:Wow! That's an awesome story!

Felt like I ran a marathon man . And when I restarted it was like being a kid . Now I feel like I'm cruzin and everyday just about is a day of discovery in one way or another on my guitar . Thanks for reading my story .

Hurridane Ramon
Hurricane
Regular

Postby Hurricane » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:35 am

jeffl wrote:Great news Hurricane! Thanks for sharing that. I've been trying to remember Abraham (the patriarch of the Hebrews ) when it comes to faith & being patient for a long, long time.

===========================

Hey there Jeff :

I guess some how some way I felt I would get my miracle , it wasn't like I had no doubts because there were times I just threw in the towel so's to speak and forget about the guitar , then something would make me try once more . All I could do was tune a guitar for 36 years . It was hell , like the expression :

" Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink "

Once I realized what happened when it happened I began to rethink about my impatient attitude and changed accordingly , this led me to the realization that God and I had two different timepieces heh heh heh .

Easy man :

Hurricane Ramon
Hurricane
Regular

Postby miggs_malo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Awesome Story man, very inspiring to a young guitarist. I like knowing others have stopped while some have been stopped, goes to show the diversity among guitarists and how they arrive to finding their tone.
miggs_malo
Regular

Return to A Bit About You