Lace Slimline humbucker pickup on resonator

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Re: Lace Slimline humbucker pickup on resonator

Postby kiwiblues » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:11 am

Well the Lace ultra thin pickup I bought on Ebay looks much the same thickness as the flatbucker in that previous thread even though it's not one.
Still wonder why James's looks so thick. (The pickup that is) :roll:
Neal wrote:The Lace slimline is different from the National slimline and the Flatbucker. First, it's made by Lace, which no longer makes the National, and the Flatbucker in the photos above is handmade in Germany and fairly expensive due to the Euro/Dollar right now.

I'd opt for the new National Slimline. That's a new neck on yours though isn't it Kevin? Is the angle correct? Although that pickup you have on it looks pretty fat....
kiwiblues
Regular

Re: Lace Slimline humbucker pickup on resonator

Postby kiwiblues » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:30 am

A quick look online shows that Lace claim their ultra slim is 0.275" thick and National claim their Lace pickup is 0.215" thick.
Therefore if you had bought the National you would have a pickup thinner by 0.06"
That's six one hundredths of an inch or 1.524mm. Therefore it is doubtful that the National (Lace) pickup would have fitted the guitar anyhow.
As far as I know the Flatbucker is the same thickness as Nationals version of the Lace so it wouldn't have fitted either.
As I see it you have the following options:

1) Deface the guitar to lower the Lace height. - I wouldn't

2) Try the Lace closer to the bridge, maybe on the cone cover even, like the National Hotplate. - Worth a try

3) Go for a different method of amplification.
kiwiblues
Regular

Previous

Return to Guitar