Its all Eq. Take care of it!!

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Re: Its all Eq. Take care of it!!

Postby maxx england » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Sounds to me like severe pressure on the nerve bundle. Anybody suggested or tried light traction on it? would that help or be unproductive?
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:22 am

Have no Ideal, however No they have not tried traction, but I'am up for anything at this point
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:05 am

I had it in the past for my disc. It helped, but first you have to check there's no problem or damage that would be exaggerated by it.

And I've been there with not being able to sit, stand or walk. Even the painkillers don't really help. Do you swim? That will help take weight and pressure off for a while.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:50 am

:wha: great Ideal! But not making excuses,finding a pool anymore,and the time, however I've really considered having a salt water pool installed this spring, just for that issue. seems the older we get the harder the mend is. However through it all I have managed to lay out a CD( Nawlins HOO DOO) which for me is my best work yet, I have a singer l'il Lisa on a couple tunes,
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:18 pm

Well, I'm now happy enough with my fitness to do the charity memorial gig next Saturday. Going to start a little bit of cycling as well, so I can see more than the streets around me when I do my cardiovascular exertions for the day.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:07 pm

yup, your right MAX!! if we treated our gear the way we treat our selves???? I'am having to do the same,get back on my routine and STOP eating crap,and Drinking too much, it robs me of things I love too do Like MUSIC, our Health has a direct impact on attitude which funnels down to everything we do in life!
I once read ,You must clean your House, never really understood until lately, Our house is our lives,and every thing we do, Have a great Time at your Gig Pal!! love 601
601blues
Regular

Postby Neal » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Thought this thread was about EQ-ing your amplification....

Just a thought, take it or leave it. I've been a low carb-er for awhile, no cholesterol meds, it's near perfect now, and blood pressure has dropped. At a great weight and not suffering from hunger pangs. Odd thing is, I own a Little Debbie snack cake distributorship, and sorry to say, I rank my product up there with cigarettes. Yep, member of the M.O.D. Squad (merchants of death).

Eating a lot of eggs, cheese, meat and fat. Taking my fiber from salads and veggies. My wife is a vegan, and so we do not share the same tastes, but she's cool with my thing, I'm cool with hers, and we collide on Friday night with Mexican and margaritas out.

I've dropped 30 lb. Just kick the processed and refined carbohydrates, they're killers and will make you fat. Avoid ANYTHING that says "no fat". Your body needs fat, it doesn't need carbs.

Exercise won't make you lose weight. Sure, it's got a whole host of benefits, but without diet change, the weight will stay on.

Well, there ya have it. Good luck. I read the first part where you were down quite a bit, and the last part where it came back, and the injury... ouch! Walk a few miles a day if you can, dump the simple carbs, bread, rice, potatoes, SUGAR, and eat more protein and fat, your body will thank you, your blood will thank you, your heart will thank you, and your pocketbook will thank you. It's expensive to be overweight!

The only negative is the beer. I'm on light beer. I like Pilsner Urquell. It's 14G of carbs, Miller light is 3G...
Neal
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:32 pm

yup!! neal your absolutely 100% correct, I lost 78lbs on the same control eating, felt wonderful, and doing it again, I had been out of work for 9 months and tried to drown my depression with food and gin!! almost did my heart in, for sho,
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:06 pm

I'm reducing intake, exercising carefully. I want to be fit enough to play the games I want, not be stuck with Old people.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:14 pm

same here, I've resolved myself, killing yerself with a spoon is stupid to say the least!! its fun gettin to senor status!! One thing that helps me a lot is too bring my lunch for the day, I seem to be more aware of my intake that way
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:19 pm

maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:29 pm

WOW!! how cool is that!!! now I wanna go ride!!
601blues
Regular

Postby Neal » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Good to see us older farts ( I assume....?) are starting to take notice.
Don't worry too much about intake fellas, just lose the refined carbs and your body will handle the rest.
Neal
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:17 pm

exactly, I tend too starve myself, however its better to eat several times a day and watch the carbs!
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:50 am

Well, the buzz has settled down now. We were the last act, played for an hour and I haven't felt that good since before the heart attack. I was tired, but not badly. It was the perfect aerobic workout.

ps

We blew the doors off the place. :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment Blues