abit about me an' my opinions

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

abit about me an' my opinions

Postby wadboy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:17 am

Hey gang! I've been looking for a place like this for 8 years online. 8 years ago is when a severe stroke at 49 ended my 35 years of 'geetar' spanking by parylizing my left/fretting side. Yeah,it's a really big bummer to get over, but I'm here and you got to just truck onwards right?! when the blow by bbblow Jeff Beck album came out i became a firm Strat guy forever with one really nice heritage Guitars Les Paul in the mix, but as soon as i heard the 'EMG' David Gilmore 'active' strat setup
the 'Paul' went bye-bye.None of you will have the chance,but if you ask my closest friends they'll tell you, 'Yep, ol' wad-boy ain'y shy about giving you his opinion!"
i wound up here tonight after watching some stevie ay youtubes. And while i've been the biggest Jeff Beck fan in Illinois since 1972, i gotta say "There never was a human baby more born to play guitar than stevie Ray Vaughan. and i've seen all the 'great ones' including the Eric Clapton 'comeback' tour after the Dominoes split and his addiction was fading and copied most of their stuff,but Stevie is the best electric blues guitarist to ever draw breath, and dat's dat!" while i'm throwin' down i'll add that my favorite Blues song ever is 'Keys to my Kingdom' by B.B. on the 'Completely well' LP but i haven't personally met anyone since 1972 that's familiar with the tune or album.Real hard to find that lp/cd but it'll be worth your effort. With the exception of this mentioned BB song, i've always felt amongst the kings that Albert did a waaayyy lot more 'playin' on his albums. Got to see him in a 200 seat club in 1973. Just too cool. After the typical backing band 'warmup' albert strolls,literally 'strolls' onstage, lit pipe clenched in his teeth like somebody just interrupted his after supper newspaper relax time. i don't know if He or his tour bus was coolest. both sides of the bus had a large painting of Ailbert's smiling face tilted out towards the viewer with the scrollwork "I play the blues for you" all down the side.It just had this old-timey aire of "at your service to entertain you and happy to do it. 'll go look for a pict of it and maybe be able to post it here. For anyone not familiar there is a Native American blues rockin band called indigenous, that sound almost exactly like Stevie :D :mrgreen: Ray..The only person I've seen with possibly as cool or coolewr of a presence than albert is Cesar Rosas of Los Lobos. ( then for the 'groaner' folder i'll submit that His place to solo in a lobos tune would be the 'cesarian section', right?! My apologies to anyone's sensibilities.
Adios till next time.
wadboy
Regular

Re: abit about me an' my opinions

Postby NEONMOONY » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:44 am

Welcome to the Bigroad and I never read paragraphs that long. ;)
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby Acorns » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:48 pm

Hello wadboy, i use a strat as well,i didn't read the rest :-)
Acorns
Regular

Postby bruneau » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Welcome wadboy to BRB
and a happy new year

I'm not a musician, playing the blues, like most of the guys here but i think i'm all right too. LOL

Bruneau

PS: Where is my AVATAR AND SIGNATURE?
bruneau
Contributor
Contributor

Return to A Bit About You