A big HELLO from NW Spain !!

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

A big HELLO from NW Spain !!

Postby Mario 1967 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:17 am

I live in a city of 300.000, but to find a Blues Record here is almost impossible, so...internet shopping in foreign lands (namely USA an UK) is our salvation.

I discovered The Blues when I was 14 (now I am 44), listening to Rory Gallagher at a friend's house, and the first Zepp album. But soon I became a Hard-Rocker, a teenage rebel. But blues was never forgotten, from time to time I bougt some classic albums easy to find even here (J.L. Hooker, B.B. King, Albert king, Robert Johnson, Cream, John Mayall, and very very few artists more). In my twenties I fell definitely under the spell of the Blues (and Jazz also) and discovered some record shops in Madrid and Barcelona with a very decent blues stock, where you could buy through ordinary mail. Then came internet, the enormous stock in some virtual shops...and now we have access to almost every blues recording.

My tastes go from the origin with Charley Patton to the present with Eric Sardinas, and in general I prefer records with rawness and feeling rather than technical exhibition.

That's all, see you in the topics!!
Mario 1967
Regular

Return to A Bit About You