Its all Eq. Take care of it!!

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Re: Its all Eq. Take care of it!!

Postby Bant's Bluz » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Getting old isn't for sissies and worse yet an injury can be dramatic in the long term results. I've got bilateral sacroilitis and have had nerves burned three times and still no relief. Sleep is off, can't walk without significant pain, sitting or standing has to be in short time frames. 601, did you fall off a building or something? Haven't gotten an email from you in a while.

John
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:34 pm

walking and moving is not a big issue with me, its standing still ,sitting, or laying, that is very painful, No fall per-say, But the Entergy company Blew a 12'' high pressure water line directly under my Job site office
container, Blowing a 60,000 lb slab of concrete and a 14,000 lb office 1' straight up and dropping it once water pressure escaped from the sides of the slab, all within a blink, I was sitting doin reports, knocked me outta my chair dropping me on a steel floor hitting my tail bone at the right spot, Thats when all this started, Phys.therphy , steriod injections, never burning etc. was able to sit and play for over 30min ,1st time since feb !!
601blues
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:51 am

Dayum 601! That's enough to make a man soil his britches. Many years ago I had a major shute malfunction during a HALO jump. They said my reserve didn't pop until I was about a 100 feet off the deck. Hit real hard and yes I did soil myself.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby 601blues » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:21 pm

It also did over 60k worth of damages to existing roadway and bent my Job Container Office right under my deak chair
601blues
Regular

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:05 pm

601blues wrote:walking and moving is not a big issue with me, its standing still ,sitting, or laying, that is very painful, No fall per-say, ] [ was able to sit and play for over 30min ,1st time since feb !!

Wow! Long time coming!
But I'm glad you've got some progress with your healing.

Bill
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:39 pm

thanks, like i said in the beginning of this thread, we are the most important part of our instrument, Our health,attitude,emotions all come thru the instrument, well? that what it is there for correct? we are the tones that comes forth, so our attitude is as, if not more, important than the settings on our amps!
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:14 pm

Well, coming on 3 weeks after my heart atack, improving daily. Getting to walk a bit further each day (I'm typing this 3 miles from home :mrgreen: ) and looking forward to getting back out there and blowing the doors off some minds.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:21 pm

maxx england wrote:Well, coming on 3 weeks after my heart atack, improving daily. Getting to walk a bit further each day (I'm typing this 3 miles from home :mrgreen: ) and looking forward to getting back out there and blowing the doors off some minds.

Heart Attack???????WTF// when did this happen!! boy life is full of twist and turns!! you take it EZ Pal, no hurry!! :wha: Iam booked for dec 17th the 1st gig of the year, just got back from rehearsal with my old band, little rusty but we can still rock, its been almost a year since my accident , It just takes time
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:16 am

09:30, 17th November 2011. Within the hour I was full of medications, within 2 hrs I'd had a stent put into the Left Anterior Descending artery. People knock the NHS, but when you're up to your neck in it, when you really do need them, they're there. Regardless of your wealth or insurance status, and they stay there. Private medicine? Insurance companies? Thank you but no thank you.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:40 am

:shock: Iam glad your on the mend,Pal!! don't do nuttin stupid because you feel better!!
things sure change min. by min. Be Well my friend, I will put ya on my prayer list !!
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:07 pm

It's ok, I won't do anything stupid because I feel better. I've allways done stupid things.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: ME TOO!! my fav line is, Hold my Beer!! Watch This!!!
601blues
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:14 pm

601blues wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: ME TOO!! my fav line is, Hold my Beer!! Watch This!!!

Now we're talking about something I'm guilty of!
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:54 am

I went to the hospital on Thursday, doc pleased with my progress, says the heart will eventually be close to normal function in a while provided I do the physio. The ecg shows eveidence of a dead area, but the surrounding muscle will bulk up and take over.

On Friday I was asessed, different hospital, for rehabilitiation physio. The nice lady sez I'm in better shape than most of the patients, and has correspondingly set my performance level for the twice weekly sesions reasonably high.

And I can now build up the bike i have in my garage, and pedal a damned sight further than I can walk. We're not far from countryside and greenery here. Which will be nice, suburban Britain is not known to be on any list of "sights to see before you die".
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:47 pm

GREAT REPORT Max!! glad your on the mend!! I had another MRI 1/7/12 on my mid back, They are still attempting to pinpoint the cause of The numbness and at times Burning in my right leg and groin, I had a show on 12/13/11 a Support the Troops Concert with several Bands through out the day, I played 1 tune sitting down, and let my band finish on there own!! for me it doesn't matter if I'am standing or sitting its the non movement or 1 position for a couple min. and then all heck breaks loose. In the studio,its difficult to sit or stand and noodle on a tune or recording, cause I've got to move and walk every couple min. to stop the burning!!
1/6/12 I was on the job, having to go through a building and inspecting all the windows and recording the condition, move to one write info down took a couple min each, after about 25, my leg and groin was burning like mad, My helper said I should sit a moment, No lets do the last 2 on this floor, Then My leg buckled and I went down, hurting my wrist and twisting my Back!!!!!CRAP!! so if I don't mind the burning after a while my leg will just collapse. So now They want to do injections on my mid back,after seeing the MRI. Then off to a Surgeon!! All this from my Butt hitting the floor of my office Container, After the Energy Company busted a water line under me!! go Figure!!
601blues
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment Blues