Got Da Fever!!

Tickle the ivories? Here's the place to talk about it.

RE: Got Da Fever!!

Postby ricochet » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:43 am

You could say that.

(I think you just did, actually.)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby lorilu » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:25 am

There are some interesting spiritual texts about the sublimating of the snake energy to release the creative energy but it is not an easy thing and a person has to be careful.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:54 pm

Thanks Lori! Dat CD was Recorded on analog tape,with digital drums direct in to board,The Effect I was tryin to achieve was the simple way that records were made, most of the time 1 mic in a hot boxcar for reverb the band would do 1 cut cuz the heat was terriable,and they had 1 mic hangin in the boxcar so what ever that mic caught was the cut!!There was no overdub or adding a track that was it!!But thanks for your comments thats why I do it !!
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:30 pm

I put in a few hrs on my piano over da week end! man I love dat thing,Ive got a good understandin of how it works but ta get muh fingers to understand takes a little longer!!But I think they are gettin better each time i sit down!! I have been able to play a lot of adlib stuff,just da cords a 1 note with muh left but iam gettin there !!Sure wish I had done this sooner!!
601blues
Regular

Postby dblues » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:26 pm

Hey 601, where does one look on CD Baby to find you? I would like to hear what you do.
dblues
http://www.soundclick.com/dblues
dblues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:35 pm

Well if you punch up CD Baby and on there search eng enter 601 Blues, make sure you put a space between 601 and Blues,you will find me ,or you can simply enter 601 Blues on your search eng,and it will show you all the web sites Iam on THANKS, Ive got 2 new CDs that should be released this summer, 1st is LOST HIGHWAY! the art work I want to use is an orginial painting By Mr. Alvin Lee,formaly know for TEN YEARS AFTER, iam waiting on his OK,but have a backup if not.2nd is LETS MOVE TO THE MOON, this was to be released 1st however I have some slide work I want to do on a couple of songs,and Iam waitin on my new Reso lectric National, to complete it,I did the slide work with the Rogue it sounds OK but I really wanna hear what that National will do!!The National is to be shipped May 12th I Hope!!The CD that is availible now is in an old Delta style,not dance music,more like drinkin music, however I write all my material.And I do all the insturments, Sax Bass Drums Rythym Guitar,lead Guitar,Harmonica,and Keyboards,
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:01 pm

How exciting about the piano! Sorry, I don't like the sound of the digital drums. Let me put down some drum tracks for you someday. Hey, let me do some cover art for you, too, someday. OK?
lorilu
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:55 am

I'm learning rudimentary harmonization of melodies the old fashioned way, by trying playing notes with it and seeing what sounds good. That's kinda how I did it on the guitar, too, though Lord knows, Jason tried to teach me how to figure it out by chord theory. It's fun poking and trying. I'm also finding that the pedals on this organ are very useful things indeed, to play a single bass note under a passage that works with that chord, and it's easy to do that. Now, if I can just get my hands working together so I can play a rhythm with my left hand and melody with the right...

ricochet
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:08 pm

YUP! dats my problem too!
601blues
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:07 pm

I can switch off and do one or the other just fine, but it's hard to keep 'em both going!

ricochet
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:01 pm

Whats blows my mind other than wind in muh ears!!is the note under yo right thumb is the note under yo left little finger, so on! and if you sit and roll yo fingers together on a table top its easy to roll all the same fingers but you hafta do it backaswards!!!Gezz!!
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:18 pm

How cool! I love learning instruments. It's just never ending. And on the main instrument of choice - that is endless also. For me, anything new I am learning adds to my drums. Playing bass has put me even more in tune with my part in the rhythm section with the bass player. I love the drums so much but feel the need to learn other instruments. I think that all the players that make fun of drummers should absolutely try and play. I, personally, would like to be there.

I admire you both for being beginners again. A lot of people will not do that. To me, it's just one more language. You already know how to speak and express yourself you're just learning how to say it in another language. Si?
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:49 pm

Ive got to say this, learning the Piano has really brought me back to the Basic part of music,Iam not saying its simple cuz of the fingering thing its a learning curve,But the basic 7 notes is bottom line,major minor, and is really helpin me outa my music slump!!Everytime Iset down I get better, I really like it, Sometimes we get into a comfort zone and don't wanna leave!ie we go out and eat a the same resturants, shope same places,wear somphin other than jeans!the we feel like we are in a rut!sometimes we just need ta force ourselves to try somphin different!!
601blues
Regular

Postby ricochet » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:03 pm

>You already know how to speak and express yourself you're just
>learning how to say it in another language. Si?

Si, senorita.

ricochet
Regular

Postby 601blues » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:31 pm

:( Man!! I don't think muh left brain controls muh left Hand!! I think Iam cross wired!!! All sunday 1/2 notes left hand ,whole notes right Hand!! at da same time Gezz!!
601blues
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Piano, Organ, & Keyboard