Its all Eq. Take care of it!!

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Re: Its all Eq. Take care of it!!

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:08 pm

Bummer! :wha:
Sounds like your spine was compressed and bent, some of the discs were hurt, rib joints too.
Phys therapy and massage is your best option. Acupuncture might work some to ease the pain.
Just the therapy and healing will do it. Can you unload some pounds? Not so easy, not much fun.
Bill
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Postby 601blues » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:27 pm

yup!! doin all I can, Ive dropped 28lbs since the 2/14/ incident, that definatly helps.
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:48 am

A customer Brought me a J-50 delux Gibson 1972, with the head stock broken off at the truss rod cover,
and body finish spider webbed ,from impacts, Looked as if it had been use in a Bar fight!
He explaned he was playin and had to go take a wizzz, leaned the axe on the back of the couch, while he was takin care of nature, His 3 year old tried it out, as a skate boad/Trampoline

As i worked on it last night over my work bench, My legs, Burning and cramping lower back shooting waves of pain up to the base of my neck. I wished I could fix me with a little glue and sand paper!!
601blues
Regular

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:04 pm

601blues wrote:A customer Brought me a J-50 delux Gibson 1972, with the head stock broken off at the truss rod cover,
and body finish spider webbed ,from impacts, Looked as if it had been use in a Bar fight!
He explaned he was playin and had to go take a wizzz, leaned the axe on the back of the couch, while he was takin care of nature, His 3 year old tried it out, as a skate boad/Trampoline

As i worked on it last night over my work bench, My legs, Burning and cramping lower back shooting waves of pain up to the base of my neck. I wished I could fix me with a little glue and sand paper!!
Rejumble all that, change some details, make it rhyme and you got you' self a song. :lol:
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:43 am

yup !! got da feelin, Iam gonna have lotsa material for a song before this is over!!
601blues
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Ron, sorry about your maladies! When you get on the mend, shoot me an email and let's see if we can wrap up to documentation on the gits.

John Bonner
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Bant's Bluz wrote:Ron, sorry about your maladies! When you get on the mend, shoot me an email and let's see if we can wrap up to documentation on the gits.

John Bonner

we can do that now John, have you finished the outline?? send me on PM
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:54 am

Your health,mental attitude, etc, all relates directly on your music,the way you apporch your instrument, and overall outcome of the tones and sounds,
Ive been a firm beliver over the years That Tone and vibe is nothin you can buy off the shelf, or dial in with amp settins, it comes within your self, back when, many infamous tunes were done with cheap makeshift instruments, one knob wonders.
Or just try ta sit and jam,after a heated argument with the better half, just don't feel like playin,Huh??
mind not in it, your whole body will not respond, poor example maybe ,but ya get the point.
On another site,someone commented on how sad to see older guys still playin, ie. Johnny Winter,
why was guys like him still playin, do they still need money!!!!
WOW!! what a dumass statement, as I get older,I may not play like I did 10 years ago, BUT i could not play 10 years ago Like I do now!!! IAM Better!! deeper! etc. why should you not play when your older???WTF??
Why do we feel agein means your no good anymore??
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:10 pm

wow!! yesterday I had steriod injections in my back due to the accident with entergy, Last night is the 1st night i,ve SLEPT all night since last January,got up without any pain at all!! its amazing!! Technology is wonderful, All the info from my MRI was given to a robot that actually did the injections,
I was not able to play standing or sitting for more than 30 min, Before I played 2hrs min.and most times 3hrs a day, so the injury had a big impact on my playing fo sho!! Last night I played 4 hrs non stop!! amazing how much better I feel to be out of pain. And had my ole Focus back!! there has to be a down side to this procedure but I don't wanna know!!
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:27 pm

I had a steroid injection years ago into the right shoulder joint, it quickly fixed the problem I had, and I've not had a recurrence. Mind you, there's injuries I did to it since, but that's life.

Glad you're better. I've been sleeping on the flor for 2 weeks without even an argument to cause it, my sniper disc popped out again and shot my sciatic nerve. It's improving, but slowly.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Gezz Max... but the whole issue with this thread is as we have talked, the tones,sounds, grooves that we strive for in our music quest, is a direct reflection of our state of mind and attitudes at the givin time, for me there is no question about that, My music reflects my moods.
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:55 pm

My mind is getting good, I feel better about the strengths I have as a player and I don't dwell on things I can't do. Now I have people wanting me to get up and do the rhythm thing I've got good at, not putting pressure on me to be some sort of virtuoso.

Actually been head hunted for this latest band I'm in, bloke knew what I'm about and wanted it. That does help you feel good about yourself and life.

On the negative side, my wife is still not letting me have half naked masseuses for my back. She simply has no idea about correct therapy for back pain, obviously.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:49 am

I have to agree wif da wife, Half naked looks wierd!! make em either keep their cloths on or take everything Off!! I perfer everything off, as long as the masusse is not named fred!
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:41 am

Had nerves in my neck burned out, last friday, feeling some better in my neck and shoulders, Right arm not burning, and Face still ugly,but don't feel like ants crawling across it.
was able to play my Bluesblaster for as long as I wanted without pain in my neck and shoulders
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Glad to hear about the nerves being seen to. The comment about the face still being ugly, the only quick and cheap cure I can think of is to wear a black bag over your head.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment Blues