Case amp, for the Peavey T-15

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Case amp, for the Peavey T-15

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Fri May 27, 2011 10:00 pm

I always wanted one of these, great little guitar, with very powerful single coils. Absolutely gold, P90 like, they can play clear and sound like a Telecaster, or overdriven and distorted, maybe like a SG with P90s? (I've never owned one).
But my problem is with the little built-in 10 watt amp in the case. Simple problem really, the tone circuit has way too much treble bias. It must be fixable by substituting a different capacitor in the tone circuit.
Am I right?
Let me know, Please!
Bill
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Re: Case amp, for the Peavey T-15

Postby s1120 » Sat May 28, 2011 10:58 am

Well my guess.... and I could be wrong... Ive never seen one before... is that the little amp was made to make noise... not so much make GOOD noise. Normaly when something starts with the term... "built in...." they did not put a ton of money, and R &D into it. Probably the quickest fix would be to try to fit a better speaker.
s1120
Regular

Re: Case amp, for the Peavey T-15

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Sat May 28, 2011 11:56 am

s1120 wrote:Well my guess.... and I could be wrong... Ive never seen one before... is that the little amp was made to make noise... not so much make GOOD noise. Normaly when something starts with the term... "built in...." they did not put a ton of money, and R &D into it. Probably the quickest fix would be to try to fit a better speaker.
Sorry, not helpful.
The little speaker works good, (after stuffing plenty of fiberfill behind it).
The amp gives good sound with no overdrive, but the tone knob must be kept all the way over to the bass side.
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues