Blues Bender Harp

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Blues Bender Harp

Postby The Saint » Sat May 21, 2011 7:54 pm

I got a free Hohner Blues Bender with the purchase of a foldiing case. I didn't think it woould be much more than someting to carry around in my pocket to pick up in idle moments, but it seems to play without a lot of wind. Is there a thinner reed in this model?
The Saint
Regular

Re: Blues Bender Harp

Postby jbone1 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:27 am

i'm not sure what the difference is but i had one last year- got it real cheap with a gift certificate and a couple bucks cash. i will say this, it played pretty well. i gave it to a 7 year old kid one afternoon when we were playing at the farmers' market since he didn't have one and we could tell he wanted one. he ended up jamming along with us for a song or two- at 7 that was really amazing to see and hear!
jbone1
Regular

Postby The Saint » Sun May 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Then for that moment it was worth a million bucks and you passed the music along! No bad for some tin and a piece of plastic.
The Saint
Regular

Postby jbone1 » Sun May 22, 2011 4:54 pm

that is what it's really about isn't it? what do we have to truly give the next ones but our experience and maybe a small tool?
jbone1
Regular

Postby TC6969 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:38 am

Whenever I see any kind of harp that I can get for $2.50-$3.00, I always grab 10 or so and I always have one in my pocket.

When I'm performing, I always manage to toss one to a kid, someone in a wheelchair or some old person who is paying attention and obviously into what I'm doing.

Its real easy to switch them with the one that I just did a ripping solo on and then toss it so as to look like I just threw the one I was using.

It looks cool as hell and i'm giving away a brand new sanitary instrument!

I usually try and catch up with the person on break and give them the box/case.

Some people act like you just tossed them a gold bar!
TC6969
Regular

Return to Blues Harp